FOB flashes but doesn't lock/unlock C200CDi

titian

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm now in France & the FOB isn't affecting the central locking of the car, W203 C200CDi SE (taxi spec). The metal key locks/unlocks the drivers door & the dashboard button operates the central locking, as does the speed actuated facility. The fob flashes its' light when you press the lock or unlock button but the car seems unimpressed. I've measured the CR2025 batteries in the fob & they're 3.05v each. any idea where I should look? Pretty please!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Have you tried the key next to the door handle on the IR port??????

OP
T

titian

Reaction score
FOB advice

I've tried the fob front, back & centre but will try pointing it directly at the drivers door handle. I think I remember seeing a IR port window; not something I've worried about before as the fob just worked. I'll check fuse 8 as well when I've unloaded the fridge & welding set. Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know if it gets fixed!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If fuse 8 has blown, then the siren has probably failed

OP
T

titian

Reaction score
It works!!

Thanks Cole@MBS, If I point the fob directly at the IR port (about 2mm) the central locking operates. Guess there is a critical voltage for the transmitter? Like a cliff rather than a gradual falling-off in performance. That's €18 for new batteries it seems.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks Cole@MBS, If I point the fob directly at the IR port (about 2mm) the central locking operates. Guess there is a critical voltage for the transmitter? Like a cliff rather than a gradual falling-off in performance. That's €18 for new batteries it seems.

Check that fuse 8, I think that you find that it has blown

OP
T

titian

Reaction score
Fuse 8

Television, you are correct to suggest further checks 'coz I've put new batteries in both fobs & the locking doesn't operate with the fob 1mm from the IR port. The dashboard button still works & the doors all unlock after I use the key & open the drivers door. It's "Gota-Fria" here on the Costa Blanca, 250mm of rain in last 2 days, so I don't feel inclined to spuddle about with the car just at the moment. As soon as it drys up a little I'll check & update you. Have to go to a cafe with wifi tho as there is limited 3G coverage here.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom