What's involved in removing oil filter housing cover on w124

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Thinking of trying to remove broken glow plug in a 95 w124 e300 d but its the one behind oil filter housing ..What's involved in removing oil filter housing cover on w124 anyone know if it straight forward.
Or advise me if there's been a previous post on this.

Last edited:

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
On the 602/3 engines it just bolts onto the block.
A new gasket will be required.

Last edited:

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
do you mean a "dead" glowplug or a physical broken/snapped one?

if its just dead you can remove the plug without removing the filter housing. Get a bendy socket attachment and its accessable fairly easily.

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td

if its just dead you can remove the plug without removing the filter housing. Get a bendy socket attachment and its accessable fairly easily.

Fully agree with the above statement, I changed all of mine on my OM603 with the inlet manifold still in place.
Use 1/4 inch drive ratchets etc and there is room to get at them all,the rearmost ones need throttle mechanism cable tied open to give access but all in it is an easy job,well mine was as they all came out as if they had only been fitted the day before but I guess I was just lucky.
Do get the engine part warm as it helps them come out much easier .

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW

I am afraid it's broke off flush where the hex head was but the core is still there with the wire still plugged on,, only bought car and went to change the glowplugs and this is what I discovered . Never took a broken one out so a bit frightened.. Can't even find anyone to take the responsibility of taking the job on.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom