Help with DAB radio please

D

Debbie col

Hi
I've got a SL55 AMG 2003. I'm thinking about upgrading to DAB radio but am not sure of the best way to do this. My car has got the original radio sat/nav with an added parrot for telephone and iPod connection. I would like to buy something that does all of this in one but don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb and spoil the look of the car. Any help would be appreciated please x

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, does your car by any chance have a TV installed

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Hi
I've got a SL55 AMG 2003. I'm thinking about upgrading to DAB radio but am not sure of the best way to do this. My car has got the original radio sat/nav with an added parrot for telephone and iPod connection. I would like to buy something that does all of this in one but don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb and spoil the look of the car. Any help would be appreciated please x
Do you want to get a totally new head unit?

Alpine and Kenwood both make double DIN headunits that feature SatNav/Telephone/DAB and inputs for reversing cameras. The Alpine one can be upgraded to digital tv too. Both cost from £850 though.

If you are happy with your existing set-up, then look at AutoDAB, MediaDAB or the Pure Highway 300Di.

The AutoDAB and MediaDAB units are totally discrete installations, but the downside is that they must be operated with the steering wheel controls. The Pure Highway 300Di has a small control unit, but is far easier to use.

I have the Pure Highway 300Di in my B160. Would have the Alpine double DIN unit if I could afford it though!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The new offering from these guys may be suitable. Totally digital and completely integrated with the OEM systems. Give them a call?

OP
D

Debbie col

Thanks guys

Hi
Thanks for the advice. Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I be been working away but the help is appreciated
Cheers
Deb

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You will need an interface at £225 if you want to install it and get the best from it

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
The Alpine EZ DAB is exactly the same hardware as the Pure Highway 300Di. Tip of the day, save yourself £25 by buying the Pure version instead.

The Alpine has a multi colour selectable display so can match your existing colour scheme and runs different software than the pure version.

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
The new offering from these guys may be suitable. Totally digital and completely integrated with the OEM systems. Give them a call?

Blimey, their web site doesn't exactly overwhelm you with detail. basically "Buy it from us ,it's perfect" Due to my background I like to do all the research before I think about buying and these people are no help at all. Until I understand it then the sales patter is just a wall of sound designed to confuse.

They may be right, but where is the evidence?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not for my car yet with the NGT3 there is no easy way in mine other than to buy a 2009 on car where it is standard or a MB retro fit, or do I go for an AMG CL63 or 65, but Lilian would kill me if I went to 62 in 4,4 seconds

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blimey, their web site doesn't exactly overwhelm you with detail. basically "Buy it from us ,it's perfect" Due to my background I like to do all the research before I think about buying and these people are no help at all. Until I understand it then the sales patter is just a wall of sound designed to confuse.

They may be right, but where is the evidence?

Please give us a call today you can speak to Richard who knows more about DAB and its development that pretty much anyone. 01276 474900

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Please give us a call today you can speak to Richard who knows more about DAB and its development that pretty much anyone.

He knows more about all the goings on than most others ;)

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not for my car yet with the NGT3 there is no easy way in mine other than to buy a 2009 on car where it is standard or a MB retro fit, or do I go for an AMG CL63 or 65, but Lilian would kill me if I went to 62 in 4,4 seconds

We are hoping that NTG3 support on the in2digi will come in time.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We are hoping that NTG3 support on the in2digi will come in time.

I do love the car,,,never got around to the camera yet owing to my home life, maybe one day and all in package :D

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
The Alpine has a multi colour selectable display so can match your existing colour scheme and runs different software than the pure version.
The Alpine unit is the same hardware as the Pure one. The Pure unit also has the ability to have changing colours, it is just not enabled in the software. The parts between the two are also interchangeable. So, if anyone is considering the Alpine device, save £25 by buying the Pure one instead.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The Alpine unit is the same hardware as the Pure one. The Pure unit also has the ability to have changing colours, it is just not enabled in the software. The parts between the two are also interchangeable. So, if anyone is considering the Alpine device, save £25 by buying the Pure one instead.

Or come to us and get the Alpine for the same price as the Pure;)

steven101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 Sliver E220cdi
Last edited:

Comand

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
why would you pay £500 from command online rip off when theres other types out that fit and do just as good a job ??? just curious npuk

try here............. it fits out of the way and does just the same job

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/AutoDAB_integrated_add-on_DAB_car_radio.html

Why do you call our products a rip off?

We offer the Alpine at the same price as the Pure. The in2digi product is the only one on the market that does what it does so why do you think its a rip off?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom