AMG drive day

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
Anybody else had an invitation from Mercedes Lakeside to an AMG experience?

I am down to drive an ML63. Can't wait, I may never be able to afford the AMG but I do quite fancy an ML 500

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
stop it ....or im gonna start looking at AMG CLKs:lol: (old one..not new!!)

sounds like fun!!!!;):cool:

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An article in the paper last week described the ML63 as a people carrier with a Trident missile strapped on the back.

I wonder what sort of a test drive I will get around Lakeside on a Saturday, unless I take to the grass!!

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
look forward to hearing all about it:cool:

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have had an e-mail saying that the ML63 I was due to drive has been involved in an accident and will not be available.

Instead I will have to "settle" for an S65 and an SLS. Sounds like an interesting Saturday afternoon

JonnyCJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 Grand Edition 2011, ML350 Sport 2010, VW Splitscreen 1965
I have had an e-mail saying that the ML63 I was due to drive has been involved in an accident and will not be available.

Instead I will have to "settle" for an S65 and an SLS. Sounds like an interesting Saturday afternoon

Just not on - have you thought about suing them ?

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just got back from the AMG day and I have almost stopped smiling.

I drove 2 cars.

A C63 coupe which sounded great and went like a little rocket and I could still get my golf clubs in the back if the seats were down.

Then on to the SLS coupe. Hard to describe how good it is, felt as though you could pop down the shops with granny and not scare her or take her out and make sure every hair she had was gray. I now need to sell my house to buy one although I don't think my licence would last long.

The route used included a stretch of the A13 where it was easy to get to very illegal speeds in no time at all.

Big thanks to all involved at Mercedes Lakeside, especially Jodie who sorted out my drives and the guys who came out in the cars who obviously loved the cars and wanted us to enjoy them.

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I drove 2 cars.

A C63 coupe which sounded great and went like a little rocket and I could still get my golf clubs in the back if the seats were down.

Then on to the SLS coupe. Hard to describe how good it is, felt as though you could pop down the shops with granny and not scare her or take her out and make sure every hair she had was gray. I now need to sell my house to buy one although I don't think my licence would last long.

The route used included a stretch of the A13 where it was easy to get to very illegal speeds in no time at all.

Big thanks to all involved at Mercedes Lakeside, especially Jodie who sorted out my drives and the guys who came out in the cars who obviously loved the cars and wanted us to enjoy them.

cool!!:cool:...glad you enjoyed it and had a great day:D...Hope you get a good price for the house;)

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Update

Hi all,

The day out got even better yesterday when I got a call from the linked Harley Davidson dealer at Lakeside, who were also there on the day but no test rides.

I dropped a business card in their box and I have won a bottle of Champagne :)

GregMVF4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E63 AMG S Estate, 2012 Panigale S Tricolore, 2016 SL400 Edition, '00 MVF4750, '07 MVF41000R,
Pete - in what way is the H-D dealership linked - I know AMG had a marketing deal with Ducati, which then fell apart with the Audi buyout - are H-D the preferred 2-wheel partners now? :(

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Greg,

Not sure of the link but there is a Harley showroom adjoining Lakeside Mercedes and they share car park areas etc.

On the AMG day they had a couple of Bikes (a tourer and a sport) in the Mercedes Showroom right by the front door with some brochures and posters etc. They didn't seem to have any separate reception staff so I assume that there is some sort of link between the businesses. It could just be with the Jardine Group rather than Mercedes. For me I was too engrossed in drooling over the SLS and other AMGs, so other than dropping a card in their lucky draw box I didn't pay too much attention.

When I go to collect my Champagne I will see if I can find out more.

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi again Greg,

Just noticed that you have a C63 coupe, very jealous.

How have you still got a licence ?????

AdamRT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL 55 AMG
I can get my golf clubs and an electic trolley in the boot with the roof down in my SL55 :)

I drove 2 cars.

GregMVF4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E63 AMG S Estate, 2012 Panigale S Tricolore, 2016 SL400 Edition, '00 MVF4750, '07 MVF41000R,
Hi Pete - I learnt restraint with the bikes !! :0)

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
I now need to sell my house to buy one although I don't think my licence would last long.

A few years ago when I was instructing I bought a blade for summer fun and sold it at the end of the summer whilst I still had my licence. 0 - 100 in a blink. In 2008 I bought a ZZR 1400 0 - 100 - 0 and change out of 10 seconds, that one lasted a year.

And today I collect not an AMG but a 2008 E 500. Retired from bikes now after about 44 years road riding and a few off road before I was 16, those were the days. This E 500 has more value in extras than I paid for my first 3 houses combined.

Many posts to follow.

OP
S500 Pete

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now need to sell my house to buy one although I don't think my licence would last long.

A few years ago when I was instructing I bought a blade for summer fun and sold it at the end of the summer whilst I still had my licence. 0 - 100 in a blink. In 2008 I bought a ZZR 1400 0 - 100 - 0 and change out of 10 seconds, that one lasted a year.

And today I collect not an AMG but a 2008 E 500. Retired from bikes now after about 44 years road riding and a few off road before I was 16, those were the days. This E 500 has more value in extras than I paid for my first 3 houses combined.

Many posts to follow.

Hi,

I am sure you will love the E500 as much as I love mine. In real terms it is still much faster than is needed but can also feel like a luxury limo when driven smoothly and you don't get the high priced service items that come with AMGs. I still keep finding extras and things that mine does that I hadn't known about.

The only thing I would like is a loud button so that if I wanted to I could hear the growl of the V8 when I boot it.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom