No lights when unlocking the car (w203)

frejo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C55T -05
Today the lights wouldn't turn on when I unlock the car. I have not changed anything on the instrument cluster. Can this be tje beginning of a more major fault?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Which lights do you mean headlights, interior light????

OP
F

frejo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C55T -05
Exterior, fog, rear and position

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Could it be that it was lighter this morning and it was working off the light sensor just like the interior light

OP
F

frejo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C55T -05
The lights work fine when they are switched on manually or when the engine is running. The indicator lights blink as they use to when locking or unlocking. One fog light has been out of order for some time but I am pretty sure it is only the bulb.

OP
F

frejo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C55T -05
Could it be that it was lighter this morning and it was working off the light sensor just like the interior light

I have only owned the car for over a year. ...I wasn't aware of any light sensor. Perhaps it's always been like this and this is normal?

Last edited:
OP
F

frejo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C55T -05
It is darker outside now and works as usual. I had never noticed that the lights don't work when it is light outside. Thanks for your answers.

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
They're clever, these cars of ours. I was disappointed to find none of my S211's interior lights worked after I got it home for the first time (my first MB) — only later did I realize that they hadn't come on because they weren't needed...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom