a160 no main beam

N

nate687

hi, both myself and my wife have purchased used aclass's, I have an a140 on an S, low mileage and all good, my wifes is an 160 auto, we noticed today that there is no main beam??!!
despite having the lights switched on at the main light switch there is no main beam light on the instrument cluster, I have tried switching the indicator stalk forward and backward but nothing, there is no change in the headlight at all.
I checked the fuses by the drivers door and they are all good.
I understand that they can have an issue with the relays.
Any ideas and help would be great.
Nate:confused:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Done a couple of stalks for this fault.

Welcome to the forums....

OP
N

nate687

Many thanks for your quick reply.
so any idea how much a new stalk is and how easy to fit one?
also just wondering is there any way to disconnect/remove the cruise control stalk as the wife keeps knocking it whilst driving (as do I) and its ****** annoying!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
About £70 from merc, dont think your find one anywhere other, easy to fit, well, for me, think you can just code the cruise out with star....

OP
N

nate687

I've got a little mechanical knowledge. would you be able to walk me through it or just give me the basics? do I have to remove the airbag and steering wheel?
again thanks for your help.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
I've got a little mechanical knowledge. would you be able to walk me through it or just give me the basics? do I have to remove the airbag and steering wheel?
again thanks for your help.

Yes, you have to remove the above, and wouldnt say its a first time diy job, the first step would be get it to someone who no,s the A,class to confirm the stalk, you dont wanna spend money on a stalk to find its not that!!!!!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
also just wondering is there any way to disconnect/remove the cruise control stalk as the wife keeps knocking it whilst driving (as do I) and its ****** annoying!

She'll learn to avoid soon. I kept catching my cruise when I first got my car ....... you get to learn where it is & not knock it. I'd miss my cruise. ;)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom