What Car? & MB

hall250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C250CDI Sport Estate Manual
Anyone else noticed how much What Car? Magazine seem to have a real dislike of MBs. I run a 250 CDI Sport Estate, which I much preferred to 3 series touring in the showroom and ownership has been a superb experience. The Car has been a pleasure to own yet when I looked on The What Car? Website it has attracted a poor review.

I noticed this when checking out reviews for the new A Class. I fancy replacing my wifes Mini Clubman with an A250 after seeing one in my local dealership. I was VERY impressed with it yet it has a scathing 2 star review on What Car?! Is it really as "poor" to them as other 2 star offerings such as the Ssangyongs et al. What are they on???

In every case the equivalent BMW is preferred by them. They seem to idolise them however I do not see it. The 1 series is pig ugly ( and there is no less than 5 on our small housing estate and loads of 3s) plus my colleagues have had the most horrendous reliability issues with their 3/5 series. One vows never to darken their door again after having the dash out of the car for the second time to cure the rattles.mine has quietly racked up 62000 trouble free miles.....

I used to respect What Car? and their opinions.....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I only read the ones that love the Mercedes, it make reading much more enjoyable :D

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
Could be that they just have another view, (even if it is the wrong one), life is too short.

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Autocar is a serious motoring magazine,unlike What Car.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Anyone else noticed how much What Car? Magazine seem to have a real dislike of MBs. . . . . . . . . What are they on???

In every case the equivalent BMW is preferred by them. They seem to idolise them however I do not see it. The 1 series is pig ugly ( and there is no less than 5 on our small housing estate and loads of 3s) plus my colleagues have had the most horrendous reliability issues with their 3/5 series. One vows never to darken their door again after having the dash out of the car for the second time to cure the rattles.mine has quietly racked up 62000 trouble free miles.....

I used to respect What Car? and their opinions.....

Whereas they are much kinder to the C and S (even if a little sniffy about the E).
Maybe they just prefer testing larger cars ? ;)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
He who pays the piper and all that, how much do BMW spend with them or lend to them in the freebie car/ jollies department.

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
I don't think What Car? have ever given any car I've own a rating of more than three stars. For some reason I still buy one whenever I change cars, but you have to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
differing opinions is all it is. if everyone liked the same car, there wouldnt be all the choice that there is. there would only be 'a car'

OP
H

hall250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 C250CDI Sport Estate Manual
Appreciate that reviews are subjective, and it would be a boring world if everybody liked the same however is the new A Class really a 2 star car? I didn't think so by any stretch! Can't help sales, or future 2nd hand values...

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The new A class is (sadly) a Euro-box clone, a VX Astra look-alike

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom