124 noise

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
Hi All, I've got a puzzle going on with my 124, got a noise like whining/wind rush, and I did notice that when I cornered hard left it dissapeared for about 50 yards then came back, so thought the obvious and had all the front wheel bearing's replaced, (inner and outer) But the noise is still there has anyone got any idea's please?
ps I did switch the tyre's about before I went for bearings.

Also the noise starts after about 2 mile's of driving then is there from stop onwards.:confused:

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Hi All, I've got a puzzle going on with my 124, got a noise like whining/wind rush, and I did notice that when I cornered hard left it dissapeared for about 50 yards then came back, so thought the obvious and had all the front wheel bearing's replaced, (inner and outer) But the noise is still there has anyone got any idea's please?
ps I did switch the tyre's about before I went for bearings.

Also the noise starts after about 2 mile's of driving then is there from stop onwards.:confused:

Diff ?---drain (when warm) and replace oil.

balge59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 190E 2.0 Automatic
My 300TD whined a bit from about 60 mph up, changed the diff oil and it pretty much disappeared. :D
Worth doing anyway unless you know it's been done in the last 50 000 miles or so?
Can you localise the noise at all? Seem to recall the diff noise was to easy to locate as a rear seat passenger.
cheers

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom