mercedes 1995 class idle problems 1000rpm on tick over

fennsport2012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 1995 c class 1.8 5 speed
Hey guys am new on this site been looking on here awhile found some good stuff right well on to my car,its a 1995 c class 1.8 5 speed. Other week i put some "high mileage oil" in it needless to say itsmoked it all out exhaust,so i draned it out put new oil in cleaned air jntake and throttle body,started her up,ticking over at 2000rpm,strange nothing was ajusted,so i just scweded the throtel wire in got to 1000 rpm,now my pedel is slack,read on here to adjust linkage so throtel i fully shut done that but my revs still sat on 1000rpm???? Poor mpg aswell its got 120000 on clock but still goes well any ideas cheers in advance rick.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Check the throttle switch, if faulty the idle will be very high as running on the fail safe main computer, the linkage can wear inside the throttle housing so that the levers hit the end stop,, filing away the end stop can fix it

OP
F

fennsport2012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 1995 c class 1.8 5 speed
Check the throttle switch, if faulty the idle will be very high as running on the fail safe main computer, the linkage can wear inside the throttle housing so that the levers hit the end stop,, filing away the end stop can fix it

Thanks,how do i check throttle switch...????? The trottle is fully closed now for sure..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The switch is inside the housing and a plug on the side, you need an ohmmeter to be sure that the switch is closed with the throttle is closed

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom