Three months with 2012 SL63-Eco problems

Cblackeyes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL632012
The best!!!! What a car. If it wasn't for the Eco button that has a mind of its own, even the dealer doesn't understand it, it is an amazing piece of kit. I love it and am getting 25mpg on a run. Noise different to the old SL63 and maybe not as head turning but still lovely.
Eco only works with the air con off???? Occasionally comes on for a while without me doing anything. Nothing to do with the green eco button on the dashboard

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Could be worse ;) nice to hear and all going well other than the ECO bit :D

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
I've found on mine that Eco will eventually work with aircon on, but as the aircon draws power it takes a lot longer to activate, when coupled with colder weather it may not activate for 8-10 miles. Turn aircon off and its 2-3 miles.

OP
C

Cblackeyes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL632012
Thanks for the replies. The Eco function turns itself off and on randomly. It only works consistently with the air con off. The dealers don't understand and are trying to find out.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for the replies. The Eco function turns itself off and on randomly. It only works consistently with the air con off. The dealers don't understand and are trying to find out.

Please let us know once it has been solved, sorry we cannot help much

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
Sorry.

SL63 and anything labelled ECO has to be wrong. A car like that should never ever pander to the green side of motoring.

Just drop the loud pedal and smile. It's a wonderful car and I'm first to admit I'm jealous.

Last edited:

ozamgcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS63,Mods. NTG2.5,linguatronic,2010 tailights,2010 grille,MB Wi Fi Hotspot, AMG illuminated sills
Quite right LTD. Eco and 63 mutually exclusive !

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom