C216/ W221 - I broke the telephone keypad - expensive mistake :(

khkc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C216 CL500
I thought I would give my windscreen a quick wipe this afternoon, but as I reached across to the passenger side, I rested my elbow on the keypad instead of the armrest! One loud click, and it snapped! What a expensive mistake, the cost to replace it would have paid for a full valet :cry:

250m43s.jpg

xc6cyd.jpg

Has anyone replaced a keypad in their W221 S-Class or C216 CL-Class? I hope it's not too complicated and that it doesn't just come in one unit, only the bottom plastic is snapped.

Thank you, any advice appreciated.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I thought I would give my windscreen a quick wipe this afternoon, but as I reached across to the passenger side, I rested my elbow on the keypad instead of the armrest! One loud click, and it snapped! What a expensive mistake, the cost to replace it would have paid for a full valet :cry:

250m43s.jpg

xc6cyd.jpg

Has anyone replaced a keypad in their W221 S-Class or C216 CL-Class? I hope it's not too complicated and that it doesn't just come in one unit, only the bottom plastic is snapped.

Thank you, any advice appreciated.

I have the 216 page open on WIS right now and I will check, I think with the right plastic/abs glue it could be fixed so that you would never know

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes it comes on its own, but it must be ordered from your VIN for the colour,

I will find the instructions to fit and you can have them

m.mycat

OP
K

khkc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C216 CL500
Thank you very much for the diagram.

May I have the fitting instructions when you have time to dig it up please?

It's such a fortunate coincidence that I have the same car as one of the most resourceful and knowledgeable members here! Cheers.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom