see you home lights not working when locking

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
this could be a simple one for someone.

when i unlock the car, the front foglights and sidelights come on (in the dark) as they have always done. HOWEVER they seem to have stopped working when i LOCK the car and im sure they always did light up for about 10 seconds! theres nothing in the cluster that i can find, except possibly to turn them off (i dont tend to alter much there, just check my mpg, temp oil level and change cd track etc)

any ideas? thanks in advance

walkenblue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 w203 220cdi Avantgarde
this could be a simple one for someone.

when i unlock the car, the front foglights and sidelights come on (in the dark) as they have always done. HOWEVER they seem to have stopped working when i LOCK the car and im sure they always did light up for about 10 seconds! theres nothing in the cluster that i can find, except possibly to turn them off (i dont tend to alter much there, just check my mpg, temp oil level and change cd track etc)

any ideas? thanks in advance

I had the same but the other way round ,when i changed the foglight seal.I had to go to the cluster menu lighting.Could be similar?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The lights only come on if the car has been driven,, if the car has been standing outside unlocked and you lock it the lamps will not come on, that is the way mine work

OP
turbopete

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
nor mine. and the car had been driven in any case.

perhaps i will have to look closer in the cluster

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom