E class

Stevie77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 220cdi
Hi guys, just wanted some feedback please. Thinking of buying a 2003 e class 270 diesel. Has done 100k with fsh, not sure if it's Mercedes tho. Looks really clean and high spec. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

Last edited:
OP
S

Stevie77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 220cdi
Yeah, that's what I thought it would have been done or gone by now!!! Was it not done as a call back then ? Also what does it cost to get it replaced ? Is it hit and miss if they go or is it just a matter of time !!
Thanks for the replies anyway

Last edited:

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
No call backs. Very expensive, if auto transmission is badly contaminated and ignored too long. Like said , usually already blown and repaired. If not, new radiator costs under 200€. Overall, pay attention how automatic transmission is working, should be smooth and firm.

SBC brakes is another big issue, if unit already changed, should have plenty of miles ahead. Otherwise prepare up to 2k costs, if cannot refurbished by software.

Low mileage, try to find out is it true? (basically rather easy to cheat, diagnose software will show if done poorly).

Last edited:

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
i have an E all beit a 320 diesel. Purchased it used with 92k and FSH, but i got a warranty a boy i am glad i did.

I had the drivers door lock packup - locks bounce due to broken spring, new units have a modified part fitted to them.

Duo valve failed - had cold air from front vents, hot air from rear. Kindly replaced by Cole @MBS while on holiday!

Leaking Valeo rad -yes even at just under 100k it had not been replaced, but was done along with new torque convertor by Steve @ Avantgarde cost of around £1500!

Cooling fans packed up, ouch at £815 for just the unit

Soft closer on tailgate failed to shut boot - £300

as you can see in the first 6 months we had a rough time, but all were covered by a warranty. Yes we got REALLY fed up with it, but now (touch wood) we have nothing but good times. For the money of these cars you do get so much comfort and i'd be hard pushed to want to give it up, as i'd really have no idea what to replace it with!

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
I have my eye on the old E class, this has made my mind up - no!

In my family, we have 2 E class car bout on the 60 plate, both going strong, so may get the newer one in a few years.
:)

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
I have my eye on the old E class, this has made my mind up - no!

In my family, we have 2 E class car bout on the 60 plate, both going strong, so may get the newer one in a few years.
:)

The w211 model from 2006 onwards Steve had over 2000 improvements to its predecessor so is probably the one to look at as a used purchase. "Touch Wood" mine is still going strong after 17 months and 30,000 miles.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom