Christmas Savings Club!

Boydonegood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2002 & C350 CDI 2010
Think i have found the ultimate Christmas Savings Club!!

The ****** £1 coin holder in the armrest of a 2002 CL500!!

Put 3 X £1 coins in there 2 month ago, and still cant get them out! Anyone in history ever actually managed to get them back out? :rolleyes:

Lol, now its not the issue of £3, its the issue that im starving hungry at work, The sandwich van is due, and the only cash i have on me is the £3 in the coin holder! :confused:

Tel

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well I hazard a guess the holder wasn't designed for the humble British Pound there is probably an EU directive somewhere that requires retention of the Pound.
I think David Cameron is negotiating with Europe at the moment for recovery of mainly your £3 oh and a few Billion off our payments.

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
If you find it really difficult to get them out......put it in for a valet and hey presto........they will be gone;) (Oh and I'm going to have a nice prawn sandwich for lunch with a apple turnover to follow).

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
If you find it really difficult to get them out......put it in for a valet and hey presto........they will be gone;) (Oh and I'm going to have a nice prawn sandwich for lunch with a apple turnover to follow).

That sounds nice, can't remember the last time I had a prawn sandwich. My lunch is always a yoghurt and banana, nowhere as exciting ;)

stevieb15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
98 r129 sl500,90 W126 500SE,03 CLK 320 Avant Convertible

I'm going for two chunky steak pies from the hot counter at Morrisons...or perhaps a brace of traditional Cornish pasties

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
I dont think any of this is helping boydonegood, but its making me damn hungry. You want to stop that yoghurt and banana buisness Littlebrooklyn its positively unhealthy:D.

Last edited:

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Well I will get back to the topic in hand then :lol:

Do all Mercs have these £1 coin holders? I don't remember seeing one in ours, but I guess I haven't looked for it. I think they could be really useful, if they work :lol::lol::lol:

I am always running out of £1 coins for the shopping centre car park. On Saturday I only had a £50 and £20 note on me so I put the £50 note in the machine which the machine duly spit back out at me. I then put in the £20 note and hey presto that worked, but I hadn't realised it would give me 18 pound coins in change, honestly I could hardly carry my bag and had to empty them into a drawer at home.

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
I too found those coin holders a right pain, so I keep my car park change in the cup holder

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Think i have found the ultimate Christmas Savings Club!!

The ****** £1 coin holder in the armrest of a 2002 CL500!!

Put 3 X £1 coins in there 2 month ago, and still cant get them out! Anyone in history ever actually managed to get them back out? :rolleyes:

Lol, now its not the issue of £3, its the issue that im starving hungry at work, The sandwich van is due, and the only cash i have on me is the £3 in the coin holder! :confused:

Tel

You're not supposed to put small change in them: they only take sovereigns :D

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
The B class has some handily located in the glove box door. Great until you close it and they all fall out! An empty mint tin does a much better job at holding car park change.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Well I will get back to the topic in hand then :lol:

Do all Mercs have these £1 coin holders? I don't remember seeing one in ours, but I guess I haven't looked for it. I think they could be really useful, if they work :lol::lol::lol:

I am always running out of £1 coins for the shopping centre car park. On Saturday I only had a £50 and £20 note on me so I put the £50 note in the machine which the machine duly spit back out at me. I then put in the £20 note and hey presto that worked, but I hadn't realised it would give me 18 pound coins in change, honestly I could hardly carry my bag and had to empty them into a drawer at home.

Just put a shopping trolley key ring on your car key and hey presto!

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
That's what I use the ash tray for. Ideal as a coin holder.

OP
Boydonegood

Boydonegood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Allow me to address some of your sugestions!!

1) Littlebrooklyn.. I cant remember the last time I owned a £50 or a £20 note!! Oh yes I can! It was the day before I brought a CL500
2) RichardN20.. Please don't start the other half off again about the lack of a cup holder!
3) Peterwhayward.. How could you be so mean?! "I'm having a nice prawn sandwich...."
4) Tode.. I exchanged all my soverigns for petrol tokens now I own a CL500!
5) Daveyjp.. Your a genius! Technically not "dinner" but there's mints left in that there mint tin!! Lunch on the go!!!!! Problem solved!

richardN2O

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55 AMG Kompressor
Allow me to address some of your sugestions!!

1) Littlebrooklyn.. I cant remember the last time I owned a £50 or a £20 note!! Oh yes I can! It was the day before I brought a CL500
2) RichardN20.. Please don't start the other half off again about the lack of a cup holder!
3) Peterwhayward.. How could you be so mean?! "I'm having a nice prawn sandwich...."
4) Tode.. I exchanged all my soverigns for petrol tokens now I own a CL500!
5) Daveyjp.. Your a genius! Technically not "dinner" but there's mints left in that there mint tin!! Lunch on the go!!!!! Problem solved!
LOL with that sense of humour, I wish you were joining us this Friday & Sat

OP
Boydonegood

Boydonegood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Man I'd love too!! Think it's a bit far tho for me at the moment :(. One of the 900 at Tata Steel with job at risk :(

Life goes on tho!! ;)

Oh! And as a heads up for anyone else with the £1 Coin holder issue, shouting at it doesn't loosen them!!! Now I appreciated it's not a method described in the owners manual! But I thought I'd give it a shot incase!!!

OP
Boydonegood

Boydonegood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Guys!! Panic over!! I have finally found a solution to the issue that even Mercedes couldn't solve!
After 8 long weeks of trying, I have found a sure fire way of getting the coins out!!!

My other half found out that I actually posess £3, and within minutes it was removed and gone!!

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Just put a shopping trolley key ring on your car key and hey presto!

I've got 2 of those and most of the time the damn things don't work. I was actually using the £50 and £20 notes for the car park in the multi storey.

Last night I had a really good look in our car and it seems we don't have a coin holder in ours, but I am sure we had one in one of our other Mercs. It took me about 10mins to work out how to open the bit on the armrest. There is some odd looking thing in there that comes out, sort of a long thin thing, I have no idea what it's for :confused:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom