EU Tyre Labelling...Interesting results

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
http://www.popgom.es/ofertas-neumaticos-baratos/16-llanta#promo

Here's a list of tyres, now with the new EU ratings on.

Funny how if you want the best wet grip, economy with the least noise the cheapest one is the best with BB and 70db. One or two of the more expensive ones (costing up to twice the amount may get an amazing A in one category or manage 69db of noise, but at quite a large expense to the other categories.

I know the tests don't include dry grip but as I've never lost grip in the wet (other than a little spin from standstill with a heavy throttle occasionally) I can't think I'm suddenly going to start losing it in the dry.

Reassuring to know I've been correct to not buy into the "branding" and "chinese ditchfinder" mentality in the past and can continue to save money!

Last edited:

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
http://www.popgom.es/ofertas-neumaticos-baratos/16-llanta#promoOne or two of the more expensive ones (costing up to twice the amount may get an amazing A in one category or manage 69db of noise, but at quite a large expense to the other categories.

Every tyre is a compromise, there is no such thing as one tyre that does it all best. In fact, the relentless obsession over the last 30 years in developing wide low profile tyres that give ultimate grip in good conditions has meant we now need a second set of tyres for when the weather turns bad.

You can't stop progress! :rolleyes:

Russ

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
In 255/45, the Hankooks and Fuldas are 28% cheaper than the Michelins.

No info or grading is given for wear performance, however.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom