W203 Aircon (electrics) problem?

stuartmac

Reaction score
Hi,

52 W203 C270 Elegance estate (or does that make it a S203? ...)

Irrespective of what's set on the aircon controls, the front footwells never get warm - ok in the summer, not so great now. :( Thoughts, opinions, recommendations?

Regards,

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Yes that makes it an S203 :)

Regards the heating. First try a reset, there's a how-to in the DIY section. If resetting the flaps doesn't work then a session on STAR and read off the codes.

142 TPL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 CDI Estate SLK 320
When you turn the key on but not to start do you get a click/knock coming from the radio area of the dash? If so this is a common problem with the W203 in that the stepper motor that controls the direction flaps in the heater are at fault and the plastic arm has snapped off

OP
S

stuartmac

Reaction score
Hi All,

When you turn the key on but not to start do you get a click/knock coming from the radio area of the dash? If so this is a common problem with the W203 in that the stepper motor that controls the direction flaps in the heater are at fault and the plastic arm has snapped off

Thanks for all the replies. I've finally had a conjunction of memory and time to try the reset procedure; unfortunately, I get a repeated cycle of five or six clunks/knocks "coming from the radio area of the dash" and the LED flashing never stops ... so I guess I have bigger problems?

Also, the links - instructions to access the stepper motor/flaps? - in the DIY forum reset thread don't appear to work any more?

:cry:

Regards,

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sounds like the actuator rod is broken/come off..

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom