MB dealers and discount Parts & Labour?

IceBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI - W220-2005
Hi All,

It looks like I'm going to be in for lots of repair work to my s211 E320 cdi.

Gearbox problems and SBC !

So the question is, do MB give discount on either their labour charges or parts for cars that are over 5/7/10 years old?

My car is 9 years old and am expecting the bill to be pretty hefty.

The reason I ask is that Volvo (a brand I have been loyal to for many years) normally offer discount on both parts and labour on cars of certain ages....

Fingers crossed.
IceBoy:rolleyes:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Yes, ask! My dealership gives a discount on parts and a reduced labour rate on cars over 4yrs old

OP
I

IceBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI - W220-2005
How reduced is it?

Is ther normal labour rate about £100ph?

Also, are some dealers cheaper than others for parts and labour?

IceBoy

Remenham

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a140
I know that Tony Purslow Basingstoke give a discount on older cars as they sent me some bumf on it which I threw away. Worth trying them but I would also ring John Griffiths respected indie in Caversham.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
My nearest MB dealer gives 50% off labour & 10% off parts if car is over 5 years old. Works out cheaper than local indies plus you still get a courtesy car if available.

Russ

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Why not use an indie for everything? They may also be able to sort your SBC unit if they have a proper STAR machine. Why not try STAR motor services in Caversham. Ian has a good rep on here and maybe able to help.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Why not use an indie for everything? They may also be able to sort your SBC unit if they have a proper STAR machine. Why not try STAR motor services in Caversham. Ian has a good rep on here and maybe able to help.

Agree look for indie ..local M B to me £120 an hour , and don't know what discount means .As for parts at my local m b dealer different parts sales guys give different prices for same parts ,I ring in . price a part at £48 then when I go in to collect a different guy tries to charge me £56 .

OP
I

IceBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI - W220-2005
Ok, I will drop a call to star Motors.

The only thing I dont want, when it comes to the gearbox issue, is change the TC, problem persists, then change this and that and this.........

This really frightens me.

IceBoy

PS. I am also hoping that MB help to pay toward the SBC?!

Last edited:

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Ok, I will drop a call to star Motors.

The only thing I dont want, when it comes to the gearbox issue, is change the TC, problem persists, then change this and that and this.........

This really frightens me.

IceBoy

PS. I am also hoping that MB help to pay toward the SBC?!

What problems do you have with your gearbox? Greenoaks will not contribute anything to your sbc problem, we have tried several times.
Like all discount schemes, be aware of hidden or ramped up/unnecessary charges

Last edited:
OP
I

IceBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI - W220-2005
Hello Star,

The gearbox is notchy when cold and when i try to cruise at 30mph at approx 1300-1600rpm, the car see-saws. The rev needle moves a tiny bit (up & down) but it feels horrible. I usually just push the throtle a tiny bit more and all is well.

If I take my foot off the throtle, when coming to a round-about, again the car see-saws, kind of like I am applying the brakes on and off. This happens until I come to a stop.

Just the other day the car got stuck in 3rd gear after I kicked down to over-take a learner. I had to pull over and switch car off and then all was well again.

It almost seems like a electrical type issus but that is me reading lots on the internet.

When to car is warm, it works 90% great!

IceBoy

Last edited:

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Pop in and we'll go for a road test and then plug it onto our star.

OP
I

IceBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI - W220-2005
A big thank you to Ian at Star Motor Services.

I took the car down there on short notice and Ian took the car for a drive and put it on the Star machine.

The car is booked in for next Monday and I will update you all then.

Thanks Ian, see you next week.
IceBoy

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom