MB Service - Auto Transmission and Other works - Urgent Help Reqd

meraip

Reaction score
I have a C Class C220cdi with 35,500 miles approx on a 55 plate and has FMBSH. I was advised it required a auto transmission service at 37,500 miles. I was advised it is cheaper to take out a service plan which I did at £62pm over 12 mths.

1. They carried out the service as above, however, they have reported a sweat from gearbox pilot bush. Is this not part of the gearbox and be resolved by carrying out with the auto transmission service? Or is the pilot bush a separAte item?...

2. Also various other works have been reported eg, exhaust flexi pipe rattles ( comes complete with catalyst/ down pipe section), N//S/R driveshaft inner boot at differential leaking, oil sweat from engine rocker cover. ( Paint has startedi peeling for which they are looking into for good will and not other works highlighted). Is this common for a car bought from MB used retail with the this low mileage with FMBSH?

3. Last time the service manager asked for good will for snapped brakes part area work during service and I did not sanction this work and the car could not be moved or taken elsewhere without this part and the brake work had to be completed at MB and cost aprrox.£400. The work had to be completed so I can use the car and MB did not approve any goodwill!

Urgent advise/ help is required whether all this work is premature for the age and mileage of car as I am not mechanically minded.

PS. The work is totalling just over £1500 with tyres....ouch

Last edited:

GordonTarling

Reaction score
Website
www.hackerbrushless.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2007 E63 AMG Estate
If you bought the car from MB Used retail, it will be covered by their warranty, so you need to ask them why these things are not covered. As a retail customer, you have certain consumer rights, so perhaps MB Used Retail need reminding of this.

914six

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are taking the p**s I would start talking seriously to the service manager and the warranty people---these are not cheap cars to buy or maintain but when you have a service agreement it should cover these kind of problems.
Best of luck.
Ian
PS you could always threaten to talk to your local papers about thier quality of service.

REMEmechanic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250td sport estate 1998
transmission service at 37k NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, advise contacting trading standards mate...they are having a giggle

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
transmission service at 37k NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, advise contacting trading standards mate...they are having a giggle

Actually that is specified correctly.

I would advise you to go to an independent and ask for his advice on what they have told you. Most of us change the pilot bushing as part of a transmission service! It is not, however, mb practice. At £62 pm you would expect a little more than you are getting.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I was advised it is cheaper to take out a service plan which I did at £62pm over 12 mths.

What do you get for that? It's a lot of money and doesn't match any of the puslised Mercedes ServiceCare rates.

oldmedic999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350 CDI 2010 3litre
I am considering going for the same service policy. Looking at your experience so far I will be going to an indi for my servicing. Last free service will be in January with first MOT. I will make an annual trip to MBS as the group recommend them by far.I am getting a little peeved with Hertford Mercedes. Had a problem with bumper clips. They advise new boot liner. What a rip off. They don't give proper advice. Resetting windows after battery removal.

Top Bottom