another w202 instriment cluster question

hunter-haken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c250/1999/2.5td
A continuation of my last one really but it was closed
Having taken the cluster out for the second time to.replace the rest of the bulbs iv plugged it back in and now the lim light is perminantly on even when the car is switched off and locked up the temp clock and milage display stay lit up but dim a little after about a min of the doorsbing locked
Any one got any ideas what iv Buggered up , the cruise and speed limiter work fine btw
Cheers in advance and thanks again to the guys that helped me out on the other thread

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Hard one. Usually, you pull it out, disconnect, replace bulbs, reconnect, push back in and hey presto.

Are you sure it's reconnected properly? Push the connectors in and then push over the levers.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Some of my display stays illuminated for possibly a minute or so after i have locked the car, it also comes on when i unlock it.
How long have you left to see if it goes out on its own account?

OP
H

hunter-haken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c250/1999/2.5td
Hi it will stay on all night they dim after about a minuite and the numbers go but the light behind the display stays on not to fussed about the bulbs if necessary I can re wire them but the lim light is burried in the Speedo dial, again fixable but would rather it just worked as it should really unsure as to why its come on

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Are you positive you have fitted all the bulbs correctly. it is possible the bulb may be incorrectly fitted and is powering from a nearby source ..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry that this has happened, its very hard to know what has gone wrong and a new one on us I feel. It is very hard to put a lamp in correctly, are you sure that there was a bulb in that place, could you have fitted a bulb where there was not one previously.

I did have the circuits for the cluster but I have no links right now

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I wonder if a bulb in a wrong (or unused socket) would do this. I have had bulbs stored in unused sockets...but no ill effects.

Might be a short somewhere in either loom (if there are two like on my car).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wonder if a bulb in a wrong (or unused socket) would do this. I have had bulbs stored in unused sockets...but no ill effects.

Might be a short somewhere in either loom (if there are two like on my car).

The odd thing is the LIM is in a switched circuit

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have no links, and that is sad,,, I cannot even start loading until this computer is re booted

OP
H

hunter-haken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c250/1999/2.5td
Thanks guys, yer that's what's thrown me have had it out and even spit it to check the bulbs and power runs on the board all looks and the bits I can test with a multi meter seem to all be ok , have also checked the connections on the plug and and nothing seems out of place , just woundering if iv damaged a chip somewhere by plugging it back in

I'm almost at the point of wiring the bulbs into the illumination bulbs so they only come on with the lights and disconnecting the Lim light

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom