Worth a thought?

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Today I whipped the (alloy) rolling hoops of our new (to us) W169 to have a mooch and do a bit of prevent. maint., as one does.

Dunno how long since they last came off, but it's 06 with 45K and very good tyres on, so I'm guessing not all that long.

All bar one were bonded solid, taking a right royal battering of reverse karate kicks to get them off once the bolts were out. One of the rears took about 5 mins and a right sweat till it moved. Absolutely no way the missus (it's her jam jar) would have had a prayer of changing a wheel.

On inspection, they were fur bonded like nobody's business to the hubs.

Good time to have a check, clean and smear of grease (not on the wheel bolts) perhaps.

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
A good wire brushing and a smear of copper-slip on the hub face?

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Today I whipped the (alloy) rolling hoops of our new (to us) W169 to have a mooch and do a bit of prevent. maint., as one does.

Dunno how long since they last came off, but it's 06 with 45K and very good tyres on, so I'm guessing not all that long.

All bar one were bonded solid, taking a right royal battering of reverse katate kicks to get them off once the bolts were out. One of the rears took about 5 mins and a right sweat till it moved. Absolutely no way the missus (it's her jam jar) would have had a prayer of changing a wheel.

On inspection, they were fur bonded like nobody's business to the hubs.

Good time to have a check, clean and smear of grease (not on the wheel bolts) perhaps.

Yes mine were bad to get off I even broke my wheel brace on a stud .

Top Bottom