Returned from dealer with a huge grin

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Well as you all know I was due to pick up my E500 today or tomorrow I got it today and I have not stopped grinning yet.

It came from Mercedes Stratford upon Avon now part of the Inchcape Group, what a difference to whoever owned it after it was called Speeds like chalk and cheese. A huge step in the right direction.

I could not get a lift today so, 1 short phone call and I was collected from home and taken back to the dealership. To be greeted by the best ever prepared used car that I have ever received, and I have bought a few over the years. Truly truly stunning preperation. As good as if I had done it myself and trust me that is a compliment indeed. If it was a current model and the number plates were taken off it would have been mistaken for a brand new vehicle. The whole experience has been first class from start to finish.

At the hand over a very keen MB enthuisast talked me through every knob switch, whistle and bell and there are a lot of them, paired the bluetooth made sure that I was happy, the salesman that I dealt with sorted all the paperwork got me a coffee all that I had to do was inspect the car pay my hard earned and drive away in the best most expensvie (When new) car that I have ever owned. In 41/2 years someone has swollowed over £40,000.00 in depreciation.

So where do I go from here I feel like I've won the lottery. If the sun shines tomorrow I will try and get some pictures posted on here.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Is there anyting better than enjoying a new purchase (well, apart from "that")?

Good for you.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Health to enjoy. Sounds like a great purchase.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I bought my current car from MB SoA and have it serviced there. I did have a few issues to start with, mainly because i think they were getting rid of a couple of staff and had handover "issues" but once resolved, their aftersales and parts teams are top notch!

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Guys the car is awsome to drive. Will have to fill it up tomorrow, but I have a £0.10p per litre discount ther is aprox 1/4 tank so should take about 60 litres. Steve I have set that picture of yours a my desktop it's a lovely picture.

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
but I have a £0.10p per litre discount
Really pleased for you chap and it looks like you bought it at a good time as the supermarkets are about to wage war on fuel pricing apparently.

I believe Tesco start the ball rolling tomorrow with 3p/ltr off and the rest are already dropping the price. I passed Asda this evening and it was at 129.

I bet it sounds formidable :D

Last edited:

Remenham

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a140
Look forward to reading a running report after you've had it a while, especially real world mpg for the 211 5.5.

At present I do about 500 miles a week which equals about a tank a week: could I face gassing it up every 3 days if I switched to a 500? If you see 25mpg it would be encouraging.

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will of course be posting stuff as I get into the car with all it's kit and that little gem or should that be jet of an engine. Bonus Bonus, When I got it home the wife said "I like that" that's a proper result.

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
Bonus Bonus, When I got it home the wife said "I like that" that's a proper result.

But when you got home did you switch it off quicky so you could say it was a 1.8?

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
When I got it home the wife said "I like that" that's a proper result.

Nice one chap that is a good result, now wait until she's driven it with the throttle acting like a teleportation device :D

Get some pics up soon.

Pete

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Robparker, I did have it debadged before collection. SWMBO is not a car person so as long as she is not looking over my shoulder when I'm on here she will be none the wiser. LOL

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Sounds like a great buy and clearly it fits well with you. Pictures are mandatory of course... :D

Last edited:

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Really pleased for you chap and it looks like you bought it at a good time as the supermarkets are about to wage war on fuel pricing apparently.

I believe Tesco start the ball rolling tomorrow with 3p/ltr off and the rest are already dropping the price. I passed Asda this evening and it was at 129.

I bet it sounds formidable :D

Before we all get too happy earlier in the year the price of petrol in Venezuela was 8 pence per litre--- and no I haven't missed out a decimal point. ;) http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-10-cheapest-countries-world-petrol-2012.html

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
In Venezuela I might be convinced to run a petrol car...

Ps id be interested to read about how you get on with the 7g. Tv posted about how well it worked in his petrol CL500. I had less joy with diesel fueled 7g cars but it would be a good bit of info to hear from you

Last edited:
OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Steve the old saying "great minds think alike" come to mind. I have TV and your posts on this subject copied and pasted into a file already. I have driven both a diesel and petrol but will post my findings as a driver of a 7G box being my only car. Did I mention the rugby, I slept in my England shirt last night.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Steve the old saying "great minds think alike" come to mind. I have TV and your posts on this subject copied and pasted into a file already. I have driven both a diesel and petrol but will post my findings as a driver of a 7G box being my only car. Did I mention the rugby, I slept in my England shirt last night.

As my old boss used to say to me "if you are happy then I am happy".

A lot love the box, just as I didn't doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it..,

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
just been checking out that E500...............it's a 388bhp 5.5 V8.......lucky lucky lucky %$*(@ lol

Mind, even the earlier 308bhp 5.0v8 is probably no slouch, but i think i'd prefer that extra 80bhp for another 500cc.!!!
Now to find that in a 7 seater estate! lol

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom