Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
Does the highways agency own a map.
On the southbound A2 this morning the gantry signs had the following message
North east england
severe flooding
avoid area

An admirable message but not on a road in Kent!!!

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
It's Very important if you are driving a HGV from Dover and are trying to get to Darlington. The A1 was closed at Catterick.

Vamps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jeep Grand Cherokee
For a couple of days last week there were parts of the North East that effectively were closed......Towns cut off, traffic chaos etc, :shock::shock::shock:

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
I love the ones showing a URL to check for traffic information.

" ... but officer the sign said I had to check the internet ..."

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
For a couple of days last week there were parts of the North East that effectively were closed......Towns cut off, traffic chaos etc, :shock::shock::shock:

unless you were in a rough-ty tough-ty Jeep! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
Does the highways agency own a map.
On the southbound A2 this morning the gantry signs had the following message
North east england
severe flooding
avoid area

An admirable message but not on a road in Kent!!!

Not picking holes in your post at all, but.........what part if the A2 is southbound?. I am sure it must mean something to someone but not me. Surely it runs east to west?.
Its like when they give traffic reports and state "northbound on the M25". Does it not make better sense to say "clockwise" or "anticlockwise" on a circular road as you could be going northbound in either clockwise or anticlocwise depending on what side (east or west) of the M25 you are!. rant over.:)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Not picking holes in your post at all, but.........what part if the A2 is southbound?. I am sure it must mean something to someone but not me. Surely it runs east to west?.
Its like when they give traffic reports and state "northbound on the M25". Does it not make better sense to say "clockwise" or "anticlockwise" on a circular road as you could be going northbound in either clockwise or anticlocwise depending on what side (east or west) of the M25 you are!. rant over.:)

I was on the M25 yesterday, I only know if I want to head north or south, clockwise means nothing to me or anyone who lives outwith London area.

Russ

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
unless you were in a rough-ty tough-ty Jeep! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what you drive, a low air intake & a large bow wave and your going to need a new engine. The only rough-ty tough-ty 4WD's have a modified air intake above the roof line, that has surprised many 4WD owners and cost them plenty.

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
I was on the M25 yesterday, I only know if I want to head north or south, clockwise means nothing to me or anyone who lives outwith London area.

Russ
I don't get your logic. Both carriageways lead north and southbound on the M25.

But only one carriageway goes anti-clockwise and only one goes clockwise!

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I don't get your logic. Both carriageways lead north and southbound on the M25.

But only one carriageway goes anti-clockwise and only one goes clockwise!

I live 400 miles from the M25, I don't have a clue if I'm going clockwise or whatever. I've only been on it 3 times and follow directions for wherever I'm going. (PS - if I'm ever on it again in the next 100 years it will be too soon) :lol:

Russ

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Russ

So if the radio said there was a accident on the northbound carriageway of the M25 what way would you have gone?. On the other hand if you new it was on say the clockwise carriageway you would know to travel anticlockwise.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So if the radio said there was a accident on the northbound carriageway of the M25 what way would you have gone?. On the other hand if you new it was on say the clockwise carriageway you would know to travel anticlockwise.

I know exactly what you mean, but, If I'm travelling down the M40 for example, and there is an accident on the M25, I don't know what direction I'm going in until I get directions from the sat nav just before joining the M25. I don't know the area well enough to avoid hold ups.

Russ

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know exactly what you mean, but, If I'm travelling down the M40 for example, and there is an accident on the M25, I don't know what direction I'm going in until I get directions from the sat nav just before joining the M25. I don't know the area well enough to avoid hold ups.

Russ

i was using the M25 purely as a example.There are other roads that are referred to just as confusingly.Even if you did know the M25 extremely well it would still be a completely useless bit of information to know there is a hold up northbound, unless they quoted if it was on the clockwise or anticlockwise carriageway. In my original post it was the southbound A2 that was a problem and as I said the A2 runs from east to west:confused:...........now my head hurts.

Last edited:

S80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at the monent, but there's an OM642 in the Jeep Grand Cherokee!
I don't think you can beat the inscrutably-enigmatic:

"SIGN NOT IN USE"

:)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom