Do I need to remove the whole seat for this job?

B

bagofwasps

Just as the cold weather has set in, the driver's side heated seat has failed leaving me with a cold backside.

I checked the fuses and everything seems OK and then I took a look under the seat and noticed a pair of wires that look like they have simply snapped off. I'm guessing this might be the cause of my problem (see photo).

It will be easy enough for me to repair the cables / connector if I can just get to them but there's hardly any room to work under the seat.

Not sure if there's a way of just pulling out the rail with all the connectors on or maybe taking out just the base of the seat, or do I have to take the whole seat out to fix this? Any ideas?

In case it makes any difference, I have the heated/ventilated seats with pneumtic lumbar controls and memory positioning.

Attachments

• photo 2 (Medium).JPG
    photo 2 (Medium).JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 68

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Hot Water Bottle works
Sorry not being sensible, I am pretty sure that Malcolm will have some ideas on this
BAZZER1

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
, I am pretty sure that Malcolm will have some ideas on this BAZZER1

I wouldn't hold your breath, he's not been on the forum for a few days after the "incident" but I hope he will return ..:confused:.

I tried to send him a PM and his inbox was full so no other means to see if he's ok.

Pete

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Malcolm is ok.. I spoke to him the other day when I needed some info for my SL ... He is reading I believe....

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Malcolm is ok.. I spoke to him the other day when I needed some info for my SL ... He is reading I believe....

Excellent thanks for the clarification chap.

Pete

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Hi All
What "Incident" did Malcolm have I havent heard anything about this ???
BAZZER1

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Old news.. Doesn't need dragged up again.... Move on here .. Nothing to see...

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
That's a bit of mains cable. Someone's been in there before and made a repair. I think you'll need to find what's been repaired and also what the original fault was

Nick Froome

Top Bottom