I'VE BEEN ROBBED!

Querido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2nd Generation A Class
MERCEDES-BENZ3BUTTONWEBSITEC.jpg

I've got a second generation A Class with a key something like the one in the above pic. [... just a pic I googled up]

This morning I find that someone's raided the glove box and the boot. Did I forget to lock it ... or is it possible that someone's got a device that unlocks mercs remotely. :shock:

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
I reckon that you forgot to lock it. The fact you even ask that question meens you cant actually remember locking it!. Sorry but guilty as charged:).

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Or the key doesn't work any more . . . ?

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Never heard of any (recent) MB being compromised.

I'll also go with the forgot to lock as I do it all the time :Oops: mainly when bringing several loads of shopping etc in to the house. Has been known to stay unlocked for days if I'm working at home.

Hope there wasn't too much of value in there.

Dave

harrisis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w203 C-coupe 220Cdi
Bouncing door locks?

I've a W203 with a faulty door lock that does the rattle lock-unlock routine.

Which means it can be hit and miss if it actually locks or not.

Do you have one of those? You'd probably have noticed, it sounds like a machine gun. But if its always done it...maybe you didnt know it was a problem?

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I am always forgetting to lock ours, usually when we have been shopping and I use the bit to open the tailgate and forget that when it closes the car is still unlocked :rolleyes:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
prob forgot to lock it.... been there and done that ...came back to car to see the glove box contents all over passenger seat but as i don't keep anything in the car it wasn't a problem.... my fault .... these scum are everywhere... sounds just like the same..

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
prob forgot to lock it.... been there and done that ...came back to car to see the glove box contents all over passenger seat but as i don't keep anything in the car it wasn't a problem.... my fault .... these scum are everywhere... sounds just like the same..

Only thing of any value in our glove box is my "You've Got Mail" DVD. Not sure anyone would want to steal that though :lol:

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Hi I havent heard of anyone or anything that can actually open the locks remotely ( I hope not anyway ) I think its possibly a lapse of concentration in not locking your car.
Hope nothing of too much value was taken, although not a nice feeling knowing some A******* has been in your car.
Take care
BAZZER1

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Old age,,, just something to live with, it will not get better

OP
Querido

Querido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2nd Generation A Class
OK ... thanks for all the replies.

I admit it ... I forgot to lock it. :neutral:

They took a bag of coins I keep for parking: £5? - £10? and a payg mobile I keep, fully charged and switched off, for emergencies.Things could have been worse.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
Sorry to hear that....not the point how much they took, even if it is a small amount they should have their hands cut off as far as I am concerned. How sad that we not only have to lock everything up and nail it down and even then it is not secure....makes me angry.We have had our car broken into and our house burgled and it makes me so angry. I just see red when things like this happen. I would take a hatchet to the low life scum bags.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK ... thanks for all the replies.

I admit it ... I forgot to lock it. :neutral:

They took a bag of coins I keep for parking: £5? - £10? and a payg mobile I keep, fully charged and switched off, for emergencies.Things could have been worse.

Ring the number and see who answers

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
Don't most Mercs self lock if left alone for a while with the keys out?

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Don't most Mercs self lock if left alone for a while with the keys out?

They do...if you unlock and then haven't opened a door or anything. It's after about 2 mins I think.

If you've been out and about they don't then lock automatically when you get out.

Dave

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
How sad that we not only have to lock everything up and nail it down and even then it is not secure....makes me angry.We have had our car broken into and our house burgled and it makes me so angry. I just see red when things like this happen. I would take a hatchet to the low life scum bags.

One of my best times whilst living in Nottinghmam was catching someone trying to break into the house and car :lol:

He was lucky that I hadn't gone to class .....ahem ... at that time I taught Shotokan Karate but the cat wasn't feel too good. The look on his face when I opened the bathroom door and he was just falling through the window :lol:

Needless to say he went promptly to Queens Medical Centre A&E.

I received a visit from the police the next day who suggested I had injured a poor defenceless burglar. A quick chat and they were on their way with a wry smile on their face.

Karma really is the ultimate bitch sometimes :lol:

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I find mine unlocked now and then.. Have also discovered that the keyfob will unlock the car from a great distance, including indoors so maybe its been pressed whilst in my pocket or similar...

Warrior

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI 03 (Now changed for Jag XF 3.0D S), & Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 04 (SLK in Drag)
I find mine unlocked now and then.. Have also discovered that the keyfob will unlock the car from a great distance, including indoors so maybe its been pressed whilst in my pocket or similar...

it should re-lock itself in that situation, if you unlock but dont open a door it re-locks again which I find is a really useful feature against accidently unlocking the car again as you walk away squeezing your keys into your pocket.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
That is true warrior, so it must be me forgetting to lock, or pressing unlock when i get out instead of locking :Oops:

OP
Querido

Querido

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2nd Generation A Class
When I do remember to lock the car .... I look at the lights flashing:

three times for lock (1 good, 2 and, 3 proper)

single flash for unlock

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom