huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
Personally,I'd be inclined to go for No.2. Younger,less miles FSH,leather and a towbar(just in case). Also the lack of description for No.1 is a bit off putting.

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
I see your dilema,they are both potentially good buys and for the price.such a lot for your money.Personally I would go for the silver with leather just because it looks so nice.have you driven either/both?. Might be the deciding factor!.

Last edited:

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
as above ^^^^.....or get a 124 estate "workhorse";):D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Buy them both :D:D Mark

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
If its purely for a hack workhorse go for the cheaper one - then you won't care about it so much and can use it without paranoia. Anything nice and you'll likely start getting protective of it.

I can vouch for having a car you don't give a monkeys about - have had a Fiat Marea wagon Xantia wagon and currently the Ulysse for just such things. It is very refreshing to have something you don't particularly care if it picks up marks, or has 3 dogs climbing all over it!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If its purely for a hack workhorse go for the cheaper one - then you won't care about it so much and can use it without paranoia. Anything nice and you'll likely start getting protective of it.

I can vouch for having a car you don't give a monkeys about - have had a Fiat Marea wagon Xantia wagon and currently the Ulysse for just such things. It is very refreshing to have something you don't particularly care if it picks up marks, or has 3 dogs climbing all over it!!

But knowing him he will have it all re painted and made like new in no time ;)

OP
huey

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
I see your dilema,they are both potentially good buys and for the price.such a lot for your money.Personally I would go for the silver with leather just because it looks so nice.have you driven either/both?. Might be the deciding factor!.

Should be looking at them this afternoon or tomorrow.

But knowing him he will have it all re painted and made like new in no time ;)

What made you think that Malcolm:lol::lol:

Last edited:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The second one!

What a cracking buy for little money, FSH and 1 owner, you better get down there sharpish and put a deposit on it, lol

Both look good but I'd certainly buy the one in silver, a good find

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
AS ABOVE ^^^^^^.....Let us all know when you brought her mark ;)

OP
huey

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
Heres the latest,,

Number 2.( the silver one )windscreen delaminated, smelt of dog s**t, no test drive:shock: while engine running I gave a few revs and a very loud knocking, windows went down but came up only a little at a time. also the reason for the steering wheel cover is the steering wheel has insulation tape round it. So a big no on that one..

Number 1. (the blue one) bodywork not brilliant rust & a couple of scratches and small dings..perfect:D

started straight away, went for a test drive all good, engine sounded really sweet:D perfect for what I need it for:D only downside, I offered him £700 but he wants to wait for auction to end.

Last edited:

Rockall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many
"I offered him £700 but he wants to wait for auction to end."

It doesn't give an auction time left on the web page - nice looking car though and if you can get it for around 700.00 it has to be worth it for a decent run around.

Regards
Bill

OP
huey

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
"I offered him £700 but he wants to wait for auction to end."

It doesn't give an auction time left on the web page - nice looking car though and if you can get it for around 700.00 it has to be worth it for a decent run around.

Regards
Bill

Sorry Rockall, I got them the wrong way round:Oops: just for clarity the blue one is good:D

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Sorry Rockall, I got them the wrong way round:Oops: just for clarity the blue one is good:D

No need to apologise :confused:---- you =none of us saw either car " in the flesh" and ran the engine / test drove it---- on paper the second car ticked more boxes----- the first car owner's reluctance to accept £700 are maybe a reflection he knows its worth a bit more and priced it low to attract buyers.
If it was a good as the poster said I hope he asked the seller what price he would sell it for------ everything has its price auction results or not?

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
If you are going for a pure workhorse you really can get some bargains in the UK in excellent mechanical condition if you don't give a damn about cosmetic condition. If he won't sell for £700 I'd hold out for a more battered example with proper dents and not just light scratches!

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
# 2 seller has awful feedback & has about 10 cheap cars for sale at the moment. He's a driveway trader masquerading as a private seller, buying bangers out of gumtree, the local papers & bottom feeding at auctions. Strong, strong, strong avoid.

# 1 looks like someone selling their old car.

Top Bottom