A Class Rear Door Lock

pjtynan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 320, Toyota Rav4
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help with a problem with my sister's A class.

The car is a 2005 CDI Elegance and for some reason the rear door won't open with the remote central locking. All the other 4 doors unlock/lock normally.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Regards pjtynan

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help with a problem with my sister's A class.

The car is a 2005 CDI Elegance and for some reason the rear door won't open with the remote central locking. All the other 4 doors unlock/lock normally.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Regards pjtynan

Might simply be an iffy electrically connection, but my guess would be the locking motor for that door is goosed or maybe connecting linkages seized.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Try unlocking the door with the emergency key blade in the lock AFTER you have unlocked the car with the remote control, then try locking and unlocking with the remote.

Dec

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Try unlocking the door with the emergency key blade in the lock AFTER you have unlocked the car with the remote control, then try locking and unlocking with the remote.

Dec

It's a rear door! :confused::confused: No mechanical input at all. The emergency key just activates micro switches in the driver's door lock to operate the central locking.

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
The lock has probably failed. They are a bit tricky on the rear/ 169. It's best to get it on star to double check

john27

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class 2005 2000 cc w169eng
hi i had this problem on my a class, what i did was bang the door withmy handa few times and hay presto it opend { try it}

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom