Some C180K info required

IceK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2004
I have just part exchanged my C180 02 for a C180K facelift 04 avantgarde auto estate and I really like the new(er) car. A few questions if I may ?

It has a leather interior but no heated front seats ?

No spare tyre, what size dimensions should it be ? bearing in mind the rear tyres are wider than the front ones.

The automatic wipers don't work like the older car !

It has an aux connection with a IPOD connector to the audio 20. Can I change this to a usb connection to be able to play from USB and should the ipod connector charge an Ipod when plugged in ?

Anything I should watch out for or known problems with the C180K ?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
It has a leather interior but no heated front seats ? Quite possibly, optional extra.

No spare tyre, what size dimensions should it be ? bearing in mind the rear tyres are wider than the front ones. Should be a space saver (narrow steel rim) type. Info in your handbook.

The automatic wipers don't work like the older car ! It may not have auto wipers, it was an optional extra.

OP
I

IceK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2004
Thanks for the quick response ...

I naievely thought leather interior and heated seats are standard as part of the setup for leather interiors ! It was in my previous cars.

The handbook does not say anything about the automatic wipers being an optional extra...

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
MB auto wipers (if by this you mean you have a rain sensor) all operate the same way. How do you mean they don't operate the same as your old car?

OP
I

IceK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2004
There appears to be a rain sensor at the top of the windscreen simillar to my old c180. Now what should happen is that when you go to auto mode or start the car when the setting is on auto mode for the wipers, then the wipers will give one swipe and swipe again once rain / water is detected in the sensor area. Whats happening in the C180K is that the auto mode (I) I get one swipe and then a swipe at every 10 seconds or so ??? So my query was as this car is an avantgarde it should have the automatic wipers as the previous car was C180 elegance and that had the automatic wipers, which worked like a charm. Either I do not have automatic wipers or the function does not work.

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
It needs to go on star to have the coding checked out

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
My Avantgarde didn't come with rain sensor as standard. The later auto wipers don't do the single wipe at IGN on. The sensors changed configuration at facelift.

A VIN decode will show if you have rain sensor.

OP
I

IceK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2004
I tried vin code searching through google on a vin code site and only got basic car details. How can I find out further details...

MSG2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C Class 180k Se Auto Avtg Saloon.
I have a 180 Avtg 07 - the sensor in the window is for lights and wipers, but not auto wipers as standard. My brother has a car like mine and came with the optional auto rain wipers but he has a couple of more sensors on the top of his screen. Auto wipers were an extra

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
This is true. Auto wipers = optional extra. Although there is a mod someone did (im considering doing myself)
What you do get is speed controlled?? if thats the word. Intermittent or normal wipe when driving, but stop for a minute or so, and they go in to delayed wipe. i.e just occasionally. Start off again and they become as they were.

Heated seats also an option and mod. But expensive one.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
No auto wipers mean a set interval intermittent or normal or 2x normal speed. They do default to extended intermittent when the car comes to a stop. They stop altogether if a door is opened.

Simon (s.speed) did the retro-fit using purchased lenses. I did the retro-fit using a replacement windscreen (it was needed due to a cracked original). A very worthwhile retro-fit.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
One other 'feature' worth mentioning for those searching, and that is the wipers and washers do not work if the bonnet is open.
Wasted many an hour with that one .

OP
I

IceK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2004
Thanks for all your input, Guys

The car definatley does not have auto wipers !
The Ipod does not charge from the ipod connection. The display in the dash shows the track names but not on the audio 20, is that normal and is it possible to change (easily)

Wheres the best place to get a space saver wheel from... fleabay ?

Dhiifs Limited

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2009/1597cc
AUdio 20 USB / IPOD not working

I have just part exchanged my C180 02 for a C180K facelift 04 avantgarde auto estate and I really like the new(er) car. A few questions if I may ?

It has a leather interior but no heated front seats ?

No spare tyre, what size dimensions should it be ? bearing in mind the rear tyres are wider than the front ones.

The automatic wipers don't work like the older car !

It has an aux connection with a IPOD connector to the audio 20. Can I change this to a usb connection to be able to play from USB and should the ipod connector charge an Ipod when plugged in ?

Anything I should watch out for or known problems with the C180K ?

I recently bought a 2009 C180 Mercedes Benz Kompressor and noticed beside the standard dashboard audio features there was a small device in the glove box with an Audio in, Ipod cable and USB cable attached. My guess is that the vehicle can also play and Ipod or a flash drive, however, when attacheing them the flash drive blinks as it seems to be reading but there is no sound from the speaker. The manual says that I need to change to auxiliary but my dash board only has buttons for Radio and Disc.

Can anyone assist me with? you help will be greatly appreciated.

Dhiifs Limited

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2009/1597cc
I recently bought a 2009 C180 Mercedes Benz Kompressor and noticed beside the standard dashboard audio features there was a small device in the glove box with an Audio in, Ipod cable and USB cable attached. My guess is that the vehicle can also play and Ipod or a flash drive, however, when attacheing them the flash drive blinks as it seems to be reading but there is no sound from the speaker. The manual says that I need to change to auxiliary but my dash board only has buttons for Radio and Disc.

Can anyone assist me with? you help will be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom