New front discs and pads

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Just had the car serviced and MoT'd today at 80K miles. The front discs and pads (genuine) had done 40K and knowing the pads were getting well worn I asked them to change discs and pads if the pads required doing. This they have done and fitted Pagid discs and ATE pads (supplied)

I'll report back on performance of this combination.

Last edited:

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
be interesting, mine are due a set of discs at next pad change, and must say that when stamped on a few times......well they don't like it!!!
So.........as i am a VERY hard braker, feel that anything that improves the stomping power will be most welcome......oh and let me know how much dust they chuck out!

OP
malcolm E53 AMG

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
h and let me know how much dust they chuck out!

I'm interested as well, the MB pads kicked out a lot of dust, surprised that they lasted 40K miles. I think I have ATE pads on the rear and they are fairly clean in use, so we will see.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
You will struggle to notice any difference on whatever pads and discs you fit from new. They will feel good from the start.

The difference will be later,after high mileage in signs of wear etc .

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
be interesting, mine are due a set of discs at next pad change, and must say that when stamped on a few times......well they don't like it!!!
So.........as i am a VERY hard braker, feel that anything that improves the stomping power will be most welcome......oh and let me know how much dust they chuck out!

You either get E pads or EBC superb stopping power with no dust :D None of my cars ever have black dirty whels

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
Whatever the debate ...

Replacing any braking component is cheaper than replacing a front bumper, lights, bonnet, radiator, rear bumper of other vehicle, rear tailgate of other vehicle, rear lights of other vehicle etc. ...

It is also cheaper to read the road than any of the above.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom