My neighbour is now convinced I am off my trolley

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
I am very proud of my car - went to wash it this aft (nice clear day here) & there had obviously been a flock of albatross flying over my house this morning. :mad::mad:

Car has a red fabric roof, so I used some of Autoglym's fabric roof cleaner - all poo removed, but realised the water wasn't beading like it was when I got it.

So, used some of Autoglym's fabric roof proofer. 5 minutes, all sprayed.

Three hours later, still nowhere near dry (car lives outside) and condensation is beginning to gather all over the car. For sure it's not going to dry overnight and forecast says it might rain tomorrow.

I didn't want to have it rained upon until the proofer was dry.

What to do? Brainwave!! (which worked) - but being spotted using my wife's hairdryer on what appeared to be simply a damp roof got me quite a lot of ridicule though and of course, nobody believed the story. :Oops:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
But did you notice that the flock of albatross were eying up the car for their second attack

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
I am very proud of my car - went to wash it this aft (nice clear day here) & there had obviously been a flock of albatross flying over my house this morning. :mad::mad:

Car has a red fabric roof, so I used some of Autoglym's fabric roof cleaner - all poo removed, but realised the water wasn't beading like it was when I got it.

Three hours later, still nowhere near dry (car lives outside) and condensation is beginning to gather all over the car. For sure it's not going to dry overnight and forecast says it might rain tomorrow.

What to do? Brainwave!! (which worked) - but being spotted using my wife's hairdryer on what appeared to be simply a damp roof got me quite a lot of ridicule though and of course, nobody believed the story. :Oops:

Oh dear oh dear, you realise if they want to move away from you they have to declare to the buyers your odd behaviour. You, Sir, are a one man property devaluer!:)

OP
drmw

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Oh dear oh dear, you realise if they want to move away from you they have to declare to the buyers your odd behaviour. You, Sir, are a one man property devaluer!:)

I'll sign a declaration that I'll not do it again (on the proviso that they in turn don't tell anyone else!) :)

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo

What to do? Brainwave!! (which worked) - but being spotted using my wife's hairdryer on what appeared to be simply a damp roof got me quite a lot of
ridicule though and of course, nobody believed the story. :Oops:

Here's my take:

You're a nice guy.
You own the company
You drive an Aston Martin......

You do what you like David :cool:

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
I'll sign a declaration that I'll not do it again (on the proviso that they in turn don't tell anyone else!) :)

Fair enough, difficult to see what else you could do. Except get a manly hairdryer, the pink was a bit much,as was the curlers on the roof.

Last edited:

crockers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc now sold - XC60 D5 arrived
Hmmmm. Could you have dried it in a garage?

I suppose you will be fitting a "hood bra" aka our colonial cousins next. :D

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
bless you..it is a bloke thing. I have actually caught Brian cleaning his wheels with a toothbrush..a new car of course..not the old bangers.ha ha..

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
bless you..it is a bloke thing. I have actually caught Brian cleaning his wheels with a toothbrush..a new car of course..not the old bangers.ha ha..

I have been known to do that sort of intricate cleaning......only ever use MrsB's toothbrush though.

Mic

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My neighbour is now convinced I am off my trolley :D:D Why worry all mine are off theirs, I am the only normal one in the road :D:D

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I have been known to do that sort of intricate cleaning......only ever use MrsB's toothbrush though.

Mic

he probably uses my toothbrush to clean the toilet:lol:

busters the boy!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230e
You should have worn Camo and a balaclava. You'd still look mad - but you'd look mad and TOUGH.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom