Can I strip and rebuild PAS Pump W124??

Waft

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 E220 Sportline Coupe
Hello!!

My PAS pump sounds "bearingy" while listening close up,and has begun getting heavy now.

Also,I changed the fluid about 6 months ago and already it's black.I used normal ATF,Dexron 3.

Can I strip and rebuild the pump??
Is there a schematic someone could perhaps post,so I can see a full breakdown.
Once I have torque settings,I'm more than capable of replacing components,O-Rings etc. In fact I'd quite enjoy an overhaul over Christmas in the workshop :D

TIA

Steve

william28ho

Reaction score
Hi - you can get a good second hand pas pump from a scrapyard, saves a lot of time.

I hope this has help

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As the above post,,, there are no Mercedes instruction anywhere for this

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
If I had the time, and knowledge, I'd be inclined to get a good 2nd hand one to put in and then dismantle the one that is on the way out. This way one would learn about the pump and whether it can be refurbished whilst still having one on the car that works. That way it doesn't matter if it can't be fixed and you still have the car on the road. If it can be fixed then you have a spare for later. I used to do this with Ford parts when I was a student - saved quite a lot of money in the long run and learnt a lot. When I have more time on my handss I'd do it again but the components have become a lot more complex nowadays.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If I had the time, and knowledge, I'd be inclined to get a good 2nd hand one to put in and then dismantle the one that is on the way out. This way one would learn about the pump and whether it can be refurbished whilst still having one on the car that works. That way it doesn't matter if it can't be fixed and you still have the car on the road. If it can be fixed then you have a spare for later. I used to do this with Ford parts when I was a student - saved quite a lot of money in the long run and learnt a lot. When I have more time on my handss I'd do it again but the components have become a lot more complex nowadays.

So true Mike and that was the way I lived some time ago and a learning curve into the bargain :D:D

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I suggest a search on Youtube I have seen a few pump rebuilds of other makes and models.
Access to pullers and or a press would seem a good move there is nothing complicated in them.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
the pump is suprisingly easy and has few parts in the rebuild kit.

was about £13 last time.

BUT you need to research which pump you have as there are several
versions.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
the pump is suprisingly easy and has few parts in the rebuild kit.

was about £13 last time.

BUT you need to research which pump you have as there are several
versions.
IRRC htere should be an identity plate on the pump somewhere which should help?

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
The guts of those pumps look like the ones on VW power steering systems which are ZF units

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom