iOS 6

GregMVF4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E63 AMG S Estate, 2012 Panigale S Tricolore, 2016 SL400 Edition, '00 MVF4750, '07 MVF41000R,
iPhone cheps: Found on a Murcan forum a thread showing that iOS6 appears to now enable the SMS function on Bluetooth-connected cars. You may have to delete the current 'pairing', and re-pair, but once done, click on the blue arrow to the right of 'MB Bluetooth' (or whatever your car is 'called') on the phone (once in the settings>>bluetooth menu), and slide to enable notifications. I did this and the SMS in the telephone screen is now not greyed-out.

Haven't tried it out yet, but looks promising :)

Last edited:

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Sorry, got lost after "Cheps". I have iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone. Does this mean my car will talk to it without that dreadful aux cable I have to plug into the glovebox each time ?

What else do I need to do ? Will I be able to play music from my iPhone without using the cable ? Will I be able to select songs from the steering wheel buttons ? Any info gratefully received.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Only if you have Bluetooth in the car ....and your version of Comand supports this...

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Ah, I'm not sure. Time to RTFM I suppose, I was hoping to avoid that ...

the director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2015 S 350
.....but upgrading to 6.0.1 seems to remove the enable option completely from the phone:confused:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is their on the IPad... Don't see why phone would be different..settings / Bluetooth ..it's 3rd line down on IPad..

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Was thinking iphone far to incompatible with many things whereas android works without fuss..
Well im wrong.. at least when it comes to mercedes..
Looked through mb official site and was very surprised to see command is really only compatible with iphones??
Now that seems a very strange way to go considering android shipped 136 million units in Q3 this year, compared to ios at 27 million so why are they supporting the lesser brand and not supporting the majority ?

Herer is a link that may help, you can select your iphone and see how much of it can connect.. it does appear that non can do sms text.

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/gb/en/w204:2011-03:2012-05/finder/~bt/

j2eeman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63/2012/63
I am having a nightmare with this whole Media Interface thing.

OK, here it is.......

Have MI in centre console, when I plug in cable and attach to device (tried 3 different 4S's and a 3G touch) "Device not compatible" is displayed on Comand.

I pinched the cable in my wife's Q5 which plugs into the MI fine, now when I plug in 2 of the 3 4S devices I get a message "Only connect one device at once" when I unplug the 4S it comes up with the message "Activating Device" so, if I wiggle the cable (4S end) just enough to disconnect and quickly plug it back in the device works fine.

I say this works on 2 out of the 3 4S's and the reason seems to be both or on iOS 5.1.x where as the remaining device is iOS 6.0.0.

Problem is the one it doesn't work with is mine! and my wife wants her cable back!

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Was thinking iphone far to incompatible with many things whereas android works without fuss..
Well im wrong.. at least when it comes to mercedes..
Looked through mb official site and was very surprised to see command is really only compatible with iphones??
Now that seems a very strange way to go considering android shipped 136 million units in Q3 this year, compared to ios at 27 million so why are they supporting the lesser brand and not supporting the majority ?

Herer is a link that may help, you can select your iphone and see how much of it can connect.. it does appear that non can do sms text.

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/gb/en/w204:2011-03:2012-05/finder/~bt/

Maybe they think Mercedes owners have a bit more self respect than to buy an Android phone?? :D

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Speak for yourself .. :p price point for Android these days with much the same functionality as the IPhone is 30% or less .... Why pay more for the same functionality .... Android all the way for me...(and yes I am typing this on my IPad but if Samsung Note was any good I would use that instead) and it has standard micro USB connectivity not the proprietary Apple stuff they just changed to something more proprietary ... :p

Love my Android... ;)

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Maybe they think Mercedes owners have a bit more self respect than to buy an Android phone?? :D

Or maybe they think some owners have more money than sense and will gladly spend virtually twice as much for a phone that does so much less?
Google nexus4 (currently rated as one of the best phones money can buy along with samsung galaxy s3) £279
iphone 5 with its many failings such as maps £529.
Now how does that make sense? especially when samsung make the screen, processors and memory for the iphone anyway. :D

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or maybe they think some owners have more money than sense and will gladly spend virtually twice as much for a phone that does so much less?
Google nexus4 (currently rated as one of the best phones money can buy along with samsung galaxy s3) £279
Now how does that make sense? especially when samsung make the screen, processors and memory for the iphone anyway. :D
+1

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

No, I agree.

I think someone who spends £40k on a Merc is a moron when you can still get from A-B in a Fiat for £15k.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I love Mercedes cars and apple phones. I wouldn't drive a lesser car or talk on a lesser phone and I wouldn't tell the time on a lesser watch so I wear a Rolex. I also use a proper camera, a Nikon :D

So there, lesser car drivers, lesser phone users and lesser watch wearers and lesser camera users....LOL!!!!!

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No, I agree.

I think someone who spends £40k on a Merc is a moron when you can still get from A-B in a Fiat for £15k.

Because its all about choice and opinions - nobody said anybody was a moron for buying an iPhone simply pointed out alternatives .... And the qualit of a £40k merc over a £15k fiT is what you willingly pay IF you value it .... other folk would share your view entirely that those who buy expensive cars are morons ....

Did you swallow the angry pills tonight or what mate?

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I wouldn't drive a lesser car or talk on a lesser phone

I think you will find you are already using a "lesser phone" !
Apple once was renown for innovation and style.. they now can only try to play catch up with the market leaders as they steadily loose vast amounts of market share to the much more popular android system.

Less than a year ago apple had 95% of world tablet sales..
Android has so much more to offer and for a much cheaper price, so apple now only have 45% and falling as people jump ship for the overall better experience for compatibility and high end technology.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
No, I agree.

How about £102k ? That's what mine cost new. :lol:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Because its all about choice and opinions - nobody said anybody was a moron for buying an iPhone simply pointed out alternatives .... And the qualit of a £40k merc over a £15k fiT is what you willingly pay IF you value it .... other folk would share your view entirely that those who buy expensive cars are morons ....

Did you swallow the angry pills tonight or what mate?

I was actually taking the mick out of Apple fans. :D

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And before anyone jumps on me for that, I got notification on my iPhone and replied on my Macbook Air. ;)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom