Anyone had any experience with this satnav headunit?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cannot say that I have seen that one before, there are some others that members have used if you do a search, most of these things do require a bezel/trim to finish them off in the car, some of the others do make them

OP
D

don shaleone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 270 CDI
There are quite a few of the same unit on ebay price varies up and down.

Need to find someone that has used one

Not many satnav/bluetooth/dvd etc double headunits available for the clk w209 facelift :(

s500colin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2001/5L And Toyota Landcruiser 50th Anniversary Ltd Edition 4.7L
Don't Know about the satnav unit, but if you go on google earth streetview the business address was a barbers shop. They either have moved in recently or use the address for mail would investigate further before parting with any cash.
Also why don't they offer a collect in person option if its a business address

Last edited:

s500colin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2001/5L And Toyota Landcruiser 50th Anniversary Ltd Edition 4.7L
Just looked at the sellers feedback although it looks good, theres a lot of cheap 99p lots with good feedback, but some issues on higher priced items such as no installation guide sent with units

OP
D

don shaleone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 270 CDI
Wow nice detective work :)

I should do more honework but im on my phone so it makes everything alot more awkward.

I dont suppose you could dig up an address or some info on synter.tech please :D?

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
These are basic chinese units. This one just has a MB fascia.
They are usually made with cheap soft metal components and are based on simple Win CE. Ive had several over the years some good often basic yet they generally work. Some features can be temperamental.
You generally only get what you pay for except in this case they are asking far to much.
No way would the quality or feature live up to the cost.
For that price you could buy a real command unit, or the very least a good pioneer or Alpine etc.

OP
D

don shaleone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 270 CDI
Whats makes them so temping is there is nothing with oem looks and fits the clk w209 facelift dash in the market accept these, I think thats why the price has been bumped up.

Im in two minds of a kenwood unit which doesnt look oem at all or one from synter.tech uk. Ive sent them a message with a few questions which ill be interested to hear the answers.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I ended up buying the dynavin one for mine ,Had it a few mths now it was a straight fit. Very easy done it myself and put dig tv in while I was at it .
Can play music through I phone via blue tooth , usb , sd card cd/dvd i pod and control via steering wheel controls . Can't ask for anything more the navagiition is good and it looks great nice and bright and modern.Can even put your on photos etc on a slide show to your own music and use your own pictures for home screen I used a large m b star for my home logo.

OP
D

don shaleone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 270 CDI
I ended up buying the dynavin one for mine ,Had it a few mths now it was a straight fit. Very easy done it myself and put dig tv in while I was at it .
Can play music through I phone via blue tooth , usb , sd card cd/dvd i pod and control via steering wheel controls . Can't ask for anything more the navagiition is good and it looks great nice and bright and modern.Can even put your on photos etc on a slide show to your own music and use your own pictures for home screen I used a large m b star for my home logo.

Didnt think dynavin had one for the facelift 2005+ clk dashboard?

Which unit did you use?

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I used DMV MBA 7" touch screen . I fitted it to my w211 e class. I think the 2000. Series only does up to 2004 you make need to check if this fitted as there may be a period leading into 2005 this may fit..

Last edited:

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
The unit looks like 'Made In Taiwan'. Personally, I would stay clear. I would rather have a second-hand comand unit than have something of this nature retrofitted to my car. The lifespan of these unit will not go past 2 years. I will even recommend 'Pioneer or Alpine units' than any Dynavin (Mercedes Comand unit wannabe).

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Sorry have to disagree the dynavin for me is superb so far, its a straight fit and has all i would ever require , in fact unless you were a Merc head you would never know it was not a factory fit , as to the life span that remains to be seen but I am very happy as it provides all the needs for those who wish to use sd cards ,flash drives , I pods , charge your mobile etc and Bluetooth music from I phones etc

I looked into fitting alpine etc but they don't look so well with the face plate surround they don't look like a factory fit and if you want all the kit that I got with the dynavin it worked out at well over twice the price ,

Last edited:
OP
D

don shaleone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK 270 CDI
Lol seemed like a good option though :(

No point if there going to be no good

Might just get a kenwood unit if i can get one at the right price...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
They can be good. Don't be put off, but do some home work.
Its an easy option to buy a premium brand, but there are some quality chinese imports.
However for the money this one is, you may as well go for used brand. As you know the quality is there. But for other makes of chinese you could still get value for money.

madtaz77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes clk w209 2003 convertible
problem with aftermarket navigation system

hi everyone. i bought a touch screen unit on ebay from a company called synter tech. i got it installed by an independant audio company and at first everything worked well.
now my unit will not play dvds or cds. come up as "err disc" or "no disc".
what does this mean? is the unit damaged?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It means the pick up head can no longer read the disc, it may be dirty and a clean might help

madtaz77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes clk w209 2003 convertible
ebay site where i bought my unit and what the unit looks like

eBayISAPI.dll

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom