Radiator fan help

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
When I take the switch off the ignition and remove the key, My radiator fan decides to switch on at full speed even when the engine is stone cold,
I have changed the radiator fan control modual, which I finally found bolted to the front panel underneath the headlight in the front wheel arch housing.
Would the temprature sensor in the block be at fault? Or what else could I be looking for at fault.
Thankyou for any help given

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do check for water or damp in the control box with the 2 lids, you may have to lift the SAM and look underneath. if any damp then get the 2 modified lids and seals

OP
T

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
Do check for water or damp in the control box with the 2 lids, you may have to lift the SAM and look underneath. if any damp then get the 2 modified lids and seals

Would that be on the left or right of the engine bay and where would I get these modified lids?
Thanks again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the MB part númber if I can find it, its off side I think, only one has 2 lids

OP
T

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
right I know what one you mean now it is on the offside of the car, Thankyou sir, you are a gent, and I really do appreciate the advice

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can only give you the known faults that are in WIS, this was a very common problem a few years back and ha been quiet of late.

That control box behind the bumper can fill with water, and that was the most common of all

OP
T

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
I checked that one and the old one was bone dry on the inside, But I changed that any way, I will checked the box with the lids tomorrow, and sir, you are deffinatley helping me where ever the source is from you have took the time out to help me so I stand by my last comment,you sir are a gent :)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom