Mobilo help

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
My S320 (2001) has a full MB service history, is it still covered by Mobilo and if my car breaks down and they can't fix it do they take it to your UK destination or only the nearest MB dealer? Also if someone other than me is driving it does Mobilo assist ?

Thanks

MERRY XMAS :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Some have got a good service others have not including me where they just wanted to take my CL and park it on a non MB garage. Mine was a simple CPS fault that should have been done by the road side.

It is the car that is covered, and not the driver, unlike the RAC get you home that covers the passenger if they are the card holder.

Surely it cannot be worth keeping up that expensive service with the main dealer

OP
Chas

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Just found the answer. join the RAC who will recover vehicles over 10 + years old
The AA and MB Mobilo wont take you you to your destination :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am paying £46 per year with the RAC, only needed them once and they were quick and fantastic

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
My S320 (2001) has a full MB service history, is it still covered by Mobilo and if my car breaks down and they can't fix it do they take it to your UK destination or only the nearest MB dealer? Also if someone other than me is driving it does Mobilo assist ?

Thanks

MERRY XMAS :)

You'll find full details on this sticky thread: -
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=45278

I have found Mobilo excellent. Unlike many breakdown services they take the car to a proper MB dealer and provide you with a hire car while it is repaired (if it cannot be fixed where it is). And unlike AA and RAC I don't need separate cover for my wife or for any other drivers. All are covered. And covered in Europe too without the £100 extra that the AA and RAC charge for Euro cover.

This section from the sticky may interest you: -

ALL AGE GROUPS get Roadside Assistance with minor repairs at location; Recovery to nearest MB Authorised Repairer; Vehicle delivery service within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Transport provision within 25 miles of MB Authorised Repairer; Replacement vehicle for 5 days (but 3 days for those registered after April 2008); train plane fares and hotel accommodation, and even repatriation if abroad when the breakdown occurs (see T’s and C’s).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You'll find full details on this sticky thread: -
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=45278

I have found Mobilo excellent. Unlike many breakdown services they take the car to a proper MB dealer and provide you with a hire car while it is repaired (if it cannot be fixed where it is).

Please tell me where mine went wrong.

No offer to fix by the road side.
No offer to take it to a Mercedes garage.
No offer of a loan car, they did not even ask.

The car was fully serviced at Mercedes and just 5 years old

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
I have to say that I too found them excellent on the only occasion that I have had to use them, TBH wifey has maintained the AA membership for more years than I care to mention its just her thing @@@, but as both our Mercs are main dealer serviced I always tell her we neednt bother but she reminds me of the four cars and two motorbikes we run and mentions something like belt and braces!!:D

The time I needed to call wa drin=ving home late one evening pretty stressed I put petrol into my....DIESEL CLK...luckily I only travelled a few hundred yards off the forecourt and realised my error. Mobilo chappy was there fast, took me home first and then dropped the car off at the MB garage I requested, (I dont like using the local one), and said I was to call them in the morning to make sure they had located the car.

Great service all around and one of the reasons I keep the Main agent service history going.....
R:cool:

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Please tell me where mine went wrong.

No offer to fix by the road side.
No offer to take it to a Mercedes garage.
No offer of a loan car, they did not even ask.

The car was fully serviced at Mercedes and just 5 years old

I wish we knew Malcolm... Plenty of very good experiences of the service .... I don't get why yours was so poor.. A real shame...

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have never had an issue with my car(s) being recoevered or repaired, both being over ten years old and both in excess of 150,000 miles with the AA.
I have had cause to have called them out to both cars in the last year, coincidently both cars had the same issue, starter motor one was repaired where it broke down the other was recovered to my house

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350

First question, yes it is still covered by Mobilo, and will be for up to thirty years, provided you have full dealer history. If it breaks down they will try to fix it at the side of the road, if it can't be fixed, the car will be taken to the nearest dealer and a new vehicle, similar or better than your own will be provided free of charge, until yours is ready. Hence the word Mobilo, ie "We keep you mobile"

Neither the AA ( and I am still a member ) nor the RAC will offer this type of service.
All they appear to want to do is relay you home and not address the problem.

Third part of the question, Mobilo is with the car and not the person, so whoever is driving is covered.

You can only speak as you find, I have used Mobilo three times in seventeen years, each time they have been brilliant, and I have had the very best of service that could or would not be provided by any Indie or breakdoen service. I know other people like Malcom have not had as positive an outcome. Whilst they continue to look after me I will buy Mercedes.

Please see my last experience http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=104381

Tony

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fair enough Tony, one can only speak as they find :D

The rotten thing was in my case, had I rang my local dealer they would have sent out the mobile unit and fixed it there and then :(

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
My S320 (2001) First question, yes it is still covered by Mobilo, and will be for up to thirty years, provided you have full dealer history. Tony

Have a look at the sticky I mentioned earlier. Full MB history may not be needed. Depending on age of vehicle can re-instate mobilo by returning to a dealer service.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Fair enough Tony, one can only speak as they find :D

The rotten thing was in my case, had I rang my local dealer they would have sent out the mobile unit and fixed it there and then :(

Had they known it was you Malc, I'm sure they would :rolleyes:

I have had nothing but excellent service from Mobilo. Colin's colleague was must helpful and informative...

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
"Have a look at the sticky I mentioned earlier. Full MB history may not be needed. Depending on age of vehicle can re-instate mobilo by returning to a dealer service."

Absolutely right Hawk, in fact doesn't it say something to that effect on the receipt for each dealer service.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Had they known it was you Malc, I'm sure they would :rolleyes:

As a mod your post are so rude and disruptive, you know nothing about my relationship with MB South West and again you are talking about something you know nothing about.

Sarcastic remarks are the lowest form of wit, please try and have some respect for the forum and its members.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
If your car is not repairable at the roadside it will only be recovered to a MB dealer. It depends on whether you are happy paying for a dealer priced service and then dealer priced repairs. If you can then fair play to you, but I can think of better ways to spend hard earned money.

I have a customer who always has his cars serviced by MB to keep up his mobilo. Its a 2002 E Class W210. I do all his remedial work that the dealer wants to charge the earth for. Its broken down twice this year, first time with alternator failure, second time with an EIS failure. Each time its been recovered to the dealer, been quoted over £1000 to repair it, hes declined then paid for recovery from the dealer to me!

The service he gets at MB is £120 dearer but he gets free recovery etc. But he has spent more in service and re-recovery fees than if he would have serviced it with me and bought a national relay service from the AA at £88 per year! I am no Carol Vorderman but even I know thats a better deal than keeping the mobilo valid!

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
As a mod your post are so rude and disruptive, you know nothing about my relationship with MB South West and again you are talking about something you know nothing about.

Sarcastic remarks are the lowest form of wit, please try and have some respect for the forum and its members.

I dont think that was meant with any venom Malc. Not the way I read it any way. More along the lines of you being an expert and having the 3 pointed star running through your veins they would have done more to help.

Just my opinion like....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I dont think that was meant with any venom Malc. Not the way I read it any way. More along the lines of you being an expert and having the 3 pointed star running through your veins they would have done more to help.

Just my opinion like....

I wish that was the case Steve, but it is not :D

Re your other post above I agree 100% and it just does not add up at all in the long term with moblo.

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
In my view the initial post was regarding the validity of mobilo, but this seems to have (again) become one of those "lets bash main dealer servicing" arguments on the basis of simply to justify mobilo which it so clearly shouldn't.

I believe that you guys who prefer non franchised servicing and in particular those whose occupation relies upon it, are so clearly biased and should leave things for others to make their own choices and not berate main dealer servicing at every opportunity, frankly (and I dont complain too much in life), its becoming quite annoying, in a tedious kind of way, in this forum.

For the record I am more than happy to have discounted servicing at a main dealer and on the odd occasion something needs repairing (if I feel this way inclined) I will take my car to an indy......simple as. But I certainly wouldnt maintain a main dealer history simply for mobilo......but I would for other reasons.

Vent over
r

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In my view the initial post was regarding the validity of mobilo, but this seems to have (again) become one of those "lets bash main dealer servicing" arguments on the basis of simply to justify mobilo which it so clearly shouldn't.

I believe that you guys who prefer non franchised servicing and in particular those whose occupation relies upon it, are so clearly biased and should leave things for others to make their own choices and not berate main dealer servicing at every opportunity, frankly (and I dont complain too much in life), its becoming quite annoying, in a tedious kind of way, in this forum.

For the record I am more than happy to have discounted servicing at a main dealer and on the odd occasion something needs repairing (if I feel this way inclined) I will take my car to an indy......simple as. But I certainly wouldnt maintain a main dealer history simply for mobilo......but I would for other reasons.

Vent over
r

I think that my answer was valid to the question that was asked, I am not responsible. for anything that followed. There were some sensible replies till post 13.

Top Bottom