I'm weak at the knees and the skip is having feelings of self loathing

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Omg look at it. Superb in white. Stunning design inside and out and plenty boot space.

I need it so badly this is no joke. Never have I wanted a car so badly. Maybe I shouldn't get one, it might not live up to my lofty irrational expectations ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356855677.369639.jpg

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Outta my price league but depreciation will hopefully be kind to me. I love this car. It's the finest car money can buy, it's trumped the C class estate from top spot....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I guess its the same as people,, not good if we all wanted the same woman;)

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Thankfully God made plenty to go round ; )

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
Outta my price league but depreciation will hopefully be kind to me. I love this car. It's the finest car money can buy, it's trumped the C class estate from top spot....

Most MB s are the finest cars money can buy;):D...i really like the new B class...would love to find one of those for my mum in a few years time when she wants to change..i call her VW Jetta a "Tractor".... :lol:

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Omg look at it. Superb in white. Stunning design inside and out and plenty boot space.

I need it so badly this is no joke. Never have I wanted a car so badly. Maybe I shouldn't get one, it might not live up to my lofty irrational expectations View attachment 21243

Nice behind, but ugly up front, you need a Jaguar Estate, much nicer loking.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice behind, but ugly up front, you need a Jaguar Estate, much nicer loking.

Dead right Nick, at least my CL is big enough to hold that shape :D

Remenham

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a140
In three years time when you can pick one up for say £25k, will you still want one?

I fancy one myself but don't fancy losing £35k depreciation over 3 years. OK I could keep it forever but I would get bored with it.

Also I do feel the 350 cdi engine is uncompetitive with the latest from BMW and Audi which would irritate me, especially when being blown away on the autobahn.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In three years time when you can pick one up for say £25k, will you still want one?

I fancy one myself but don't fancy losing £35k depreciation over 3 years. OK I could keep it forever but I would get bored with it.

Also I do feel the 350 cdi engine is uncompetitive with the latest from BMW and Audi which would irritate me, especially when being blown away on the autobahn.

My CL lost £75k in 5 years :D:D and prices are still falling, or to replace with the extra's it has £100k

Last edited:
OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
I'd take a 250cdi to be honest. It'll be more than ok and cheap to run.

It's IMHO the best looking CLS bar the 219 and a surprisingly handsome car and inside they are so nice. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356865535.740863.jpg

However would it match this

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Steve, you should make a poll so that we can vote for or against the shooting brake. A poll for those who want you to keep the C220 CDi and another poll for those who want to see you in the stunning shooting brake. LOL

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
Ideally I'd keep the C class. I have a feeling the CLS might be a tad to long and wide for little rural roads.

I was touring in Cumbria and N Yorks. today, the smaller car made little rural roads fun rather than omg a car is coming I'm having to choose between losing paint or a mirror

I'm still loving the skip and I've not yet seen one of these in person yet...

bpar1713

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 W220 2000
Love your new photography website. It's sure to be the hit you deserve and don't forget to enter the "Visit Britain" photography competition in 2013.

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
I saw my first CLS Shooting Brake in person a few days ago, while my S211 was in for its rear suspension recall.

Very nice, but I think I still prefer the XF estate for looks. Neither beats the S211 for practicality, though!

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Well, I also have an S204 C220 - and got up close and personal with the CLS Brake for the first time today. First impression - it's big, think E class estate or maybe a bit more. Inside looks superb (OK, it was the sport AMG version, full leather, Comand etc and close on £60k, C250cdi), boot luggage cover works better than S203/204, they've added a hydraulic lift cylinder to the spare wheel well cover - but there's no hideaway tray when you lift that cover!

Would I have one in place of my S204 - no. It's too big - never mind country roads, we've had an E estate parked next to us at the supermarket and that looked too big compared to the 204.

OP
st4

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
  • Banned
The size is concerning. I feel the 211 was big enough and the 204 was big enough (just)....

This sort of post does pour good cold water on the idea....not in a bad way but the car might not live up to my bonkers expectations.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom