connecting i-phone to s class

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Hi, Just bought a 2008 s class 320cdi,Having problems linking i-phone to comand? comand asks for pin no- which i have tried 0000 and 1234 with no joy, do you need a pin from Mercedes? tried different pin nos in i-phone too, any body know how to do this? Many thanks and Happy Christmas Dave.

Yorky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2013/250 CDI
Hi,
Dont know if yours is the same system as mine but the last two mercs I've had with bluetooth cradles have been 62872.

Hope this helps.

bjackson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 CDI Bluetec 2011
Hi Dave, hope you have success with you 'phone. I have the same car as yourself. Silly question is why do we need a cradle for a bluetooth 'phone? My 'phone uses a cradle too, not a bluetooth cradle but it's a bluetooth 'phone. Works fine, but when I get a new 'phone I'll have to buy a new cradle. Seems another money-spinner for Mercedes.

B J

phillj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CGI Estate
Sorry I know nothing about the command set up in your vehicle. But in my W204 with the standard Audio 20 no telephone pre wire but has bluetooth built in. The procedure when pairing a new phone is get headunit (command in your case) to search for the new phone (the phone must have bluetooth activated and be discoverable) once head unit discovers the new phone a code will be requested. Key in any four digit number of your choice, your phone should then ask for a code number enter the same code, once this is done head unit should confirm phone is paired. Hope this helps, this procedure should be detailed in the command manual if you have one.:)

rich599

Reaction score
Website
www.doodes.co.uk
Your Mercedes
w204/sprinter/vw t5 autosleeper/david brown 880/david brown 950
Sorry I know nothing about the command set up in your vehicle. But in my W204 with the standard Audio 20 no telephone pre wire but has bluetooth built in. The procedure when pairing a new phone is get headunit (command in your case) to search for the new phone (the phone must have bluetooth activated and be discoverable) once head unit discovers the new phone a code will be requested. Key in any four digit number of your choice, your phone should then ask for a code number enter the same code, once this is done head unit should confirm phone is paired. Hope this helps, this procedure should be detailed in the command manual if you have one.:)

Do as above but you will find that you can connect the iphone but the ones
before 2010 wont import contact details from the iphone,the only way to import
numbers is to put numbers into a old phone that has blue tooth import them then use the i phone

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
I have done this in my 2008 S class, and it was really easy.Just can't remember as it was over a year ago. Try 1111 or 0000. As long as you use the same code for the car and the phone, it should work.

Mine is an i phone 4 and I do remember that I had to take the phone back to factory settings, i.e. original software, as the latest versions are not supported.

The only reason you have the cradle is for the phone to use the car arial, better reception, and for charging.

OP
D

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Many thanks for all your help and suggestions, I cannot understand why the phone will not work still? the comand shows that its found my phone? and my phone shows that it has found the comand? but then it shows my phone in the comand locked? any more ideas? cheers Dave

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom