W169: A150 2008 - boot lid handle is loose

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hi guys,
my sambos A150 is going good so far, but i've noticed that when I close the back boot it sounds like it's not shutting properly, looking closely at the handle (which holds the lights above the rear number plate) it seems the last hex screw on the right side is loose, I tightened it but now again after a few slams shut the screw has loosed again

so.. is this normal to go wrong on these cars or has something that holds the screw inplace is just broken, if so how can i fix it ?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just pop some loctite on the screw all the bearing sellers have it in stock or mekaniken keep it :D

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
dont have any, would super glue do the same trick ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Biltema was the one that I could not remember :( I just drove automatically to the one in Eskiltuna :D pleased you found it, just cover the thread of the screw and do it up, it can always be taken out again, thats the advantage of it.

All the best Niall for the new year to you all :D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom