part numbers

sarkyanimal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s320 1955 triumph tr2 + cls 350
just phoned mb at exeter for a part nos and was told they are not allowed to give part nos out anyone know if this is right and does anyone know where i can get a part nos for a part for my vehicle

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I know them well and they will not look for number unless you want to order something what part do you want the number for

OP
S

sarkyanimal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks for replying looking for part nos for crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor do you need vehicle details
joe

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
you would really need to put up your VIN

OP
S

sarkyanimal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mark is it safe to put up vin nos on forum

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
I appreciate the concern,but they are on display anyway.I'm pretty sure a moderator would allow you to delete it after you've had your answer.:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The VIN is safe as anyone can read off any Mercedes VIN in a car park or anywhere else

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
As in the two above posts. The VIN is clearly visible through the lower passenger side of the windscreen. We have a long running thread here where we do a full datacard decode of the VIN giving all of the details the car was built with, nobody has yet to indicate there has been a problem from doing this, nor have we had any requests to remove the VIN after the decode.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
just phoned mb at exeter for a part nos and was told they are not allowed to give part nos out anyone know if this is right and does anyone know where i can get a part nos for a part for my vehicle

If you ring MB Oxford parts dept on 01865371011, you will get reception but just ask for parts, tell them that you need the part numbers to make an online order and they will provide you with them. Incidentally their online parts odering and mail order service is very good and they give a 10% discount. I use them for most of my parts and rate them highly.

http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.u...art&page=shop.browse&category_id=944&Itemid=5

Hope this helps!

ps. have your VIN number ready when you ring.

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom