Small A class help please

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Hello
We have bought a small A class (S reg) to make a show trailer for promoting a product at outdoor events.
Now its going to be cut in half tomorrow, so any ideas how best to remove the full length sunroof?
I am also in need of some wheels for it and bolts any ideas?

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
your asking how best to cut up a MB on a MB forum:shock::D...like your style:lol:..Welcome;)...hope the project goes well for you....post up a finished pic:cool:...not one of it being cut up though:shock::lol:

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
I didnt think it would go down wel LOL
But its going to be crushed as its all stripped bar the back end, so it will make a nice car trailer, we manufacture portable kitchens for camping, flood victims etc so we wanted a quality small car to display them in when attending events, just to show how compact and versatile they are
I will post a picture, the front will be difficult to panel out and I am not sure how best to strip the full length sun roof, but this one is the best of three I have viewed and the easiest to get out of the scrap yard, just really struggling for wheels and bolts

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
will look forward to the pics:cool:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Take down the head liner, your see the mounting bolts under that.......

Very easy too do...

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Take down the head liner, your see the mounting bolts under that.......

Very easy too do...

So I just take the whole sun roof out as one?
I will then have to cut it up again to fill the gap just dont want to cut through it with the grinder, best done in the workshop when we have more time and a few more brains on it

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Thankls
Its now cut in half, just wheels to go on and A frame to make, should have the hole filled in next week, just cant decide the best way to do it

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Next problem, any one got the wiring colour codes for the two looms running front to back?
I need to make it stand out, its bright red thought about fitting aroof rack, what do you think?
Might also make the hazards flash when its on display to catch peoples eye

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thankls
Its now cut in half, just wheels to go on and A frame to make, should have the hole filled in next week, just cant decide the best way to do it

do better decide or you will go round in circles ...and the poor A class wont know if its the front or back:lol:

Go on then..Dare you to post a picture of the poor old thing:shock::lol:;)

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
some of the guys on the calibra forum have been doing this to calibras for a few years now(well infact one guy) he is responsible for most of them I can put you in touch with the bloke if you want?
if anyone who has been to the vboc at billing would of seen them and he makes excellent job of them aswell

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
do better decide or you will go round in circles ...and the poor A class wont know if its the front or back:lol:

Go on then..Dare you to post a picture of the poor old thing:shock::lol:;)

Couldnt possibly it would spoil the suprise
Only one I have is stood on the roof with a Stil saw, that fancy sunroof dosnt half clog the blade

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
some of the guys on the calibra forum have been doing this to calibras for a few years now(well infact one guy) he is responsible for most of them I can put you in touch with the bloke if you want?
if anyone who has been to the vboc at billing would of seen them and he makes excellent job of them aswell

Just need it to look smart, I did think at the back of my mind I could make a moulded fiberglass front so it would just be stuck on, buy my bit, cut the car, Glue the front on Hey Presto a cheap but smart lockable trailer, to be honest I have too much going on so it shouldnt get of the drawing board as like many things people like them but wont part with an cash for one and the mould would cost a few quid, too much just for my own use.

Tazz666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 w208
Just need it to look smart, I did think at the back of my mind I could make a moulded fiberglass front so it would just be stuck on, buy my bit, cut the car, Glue the front on Hey Presto a cheap but smart lockable trailer, to be honest I have too much going on so it shouldnt get of the drawing board as like many things people like them but wont part with an cash for one and the mould would cost a few quid, too much just for my own use.

My mate cuts the the car at the B piller and gets a cavalier bonnet and uses that to blank up the front bit

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
My mate cuts the the car at the B piller and gets a cavalier bonnet and uses that to blank up the front bit

The paints blob on so I dont really want to weld it as I would damage it and have to repaint which I cat afford at the moment.
Looks like we will insert a sheet of ply.
Going to make the towing bar foldable or removable too to save space

OP
Z

zumo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Now need to sell my own camping trailer to make some room in the garage, do we have a general sales section?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom