Auto transmission jumps from comfort to manual mode

rclaydon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2009 CDI Estate
Hi All,

I drive a 2009 C220 CDI Estate and find that very occationally (once every 2/3 weeks) I will be driving with 'Comfort' mode selected and find that 'Manual' mode selects without any intervention from me - seems to happen at random times. At the moment this is just a minor annoyance but I'm wondering how concerned I should be and if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Regards, Rob

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
First time I have seen this one Rob, these odd faults are the hard to find ones.

Mine has never moved yet, I would have thought more the switch than the box, but you never know

OP
R

rclaydon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2009 CDI Estate
Thanks for the feedback - I'll try to be optimistic :)

Neil H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Current: RRS Autobiography/F-Type R V8 AWD Previous: CLS 400 W218 / CLS 350 CDI W218 / ML350 W164
I've knocked the paddle shift accidentally a few times and initially thought it was a fault, I was right, trouble was it was my fault!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've knocked the paddle shift accidentally a few times and initially thought it was a fault, I was right, trouble was it was my fault!

On mine it is a button the goes from C to N to S and I cannot knock that

OP
R

rclaydon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2009 CDI Estate
I think you could be right Neil - now you mention it & having experimented a bit the display which comes up relates to the paddle controls - wasted on me!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think you could be right Neil - now you mention it & having experimented a bit the display which comes up relates to the paddle controls - wasted on me!

Do you know I never use my paddles, never seen much need to so far,,I may have used them twice in 6 months

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Do you know I never use my paddles, never seen much need to so far,,I may have used them twice in 6 months

We went for a little trip to the Pyrenees a while back. Before that, Ididn't use them either, but up in the mountains is where you find out what they're for :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We went for a little trip to the Pyrenees a while back. Before that, Ididn't use them either, but up in the mountains is where you find out what they're for :rolleyes:

Yes I could understand that :D:D one day maybe :D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom