Gearbox problems

Fpalmer

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 220cdi
The problem i have is, the car drives along, loses power and jumping out of gear and revs increase. I have been to Mercedes in Dartford to get it fixed, in april and 2 months prior to end of warranty, i was informed the gearbox was faulty and it was replaced. 2 months after the fault persisted and i was informed i had to pay, to get the fault repaired!!! Since then the fault is consistently getting worse. I believe the gearbox should have its own warranty as it should be a new gearbox!!!!
Can anyone please advise what course of action to take and also if there this is is a common fault with this model, as my husband has had the same problem with his car.

Many thanks

harp1963

Reaction score
I returned my C220CDI Auto due to persistent gearbox faults.
Back to BMW thank god.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The problem i have is, the car drives along, loses power and jumping out of gear and revs increase. I have been to Mercedes in Dartford to get it fixed, in april and 2 months prior to end of warranty, i was informed the gearbox was faulty and it was replaced. 2 months after the fault persisted and i was informed i had to pay, to get the fault repaired!!! Since then the fault is consistently getting worse. I believe the gearbox should have its own warranty as it should be a new gearbox!!!!
Can anyone please advise what course of action to take and also if there this is is a common fault with this model, as my husband has had the same problem with his car.

Many thanks

I think by law as you reported the fault while under warranty that they must must it right. They cannot play the putting off game till it is out of warranty

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
What caused the gearbox to be at fault? If water and this problem has not been addressed, then it will continue to happen.

Last edited:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
The gearbox replacement is not under warranty once the manufacturers and/or vendors warranty expires.

There is a two years parts warranty but it only applies if you, or a service plan pay the cost or a portion of the cost of the part...

The reason for this is that if a car was covered under warranty for three years and at month 35 a part fails that car or part is warrantied further than the original warranty period than a car that experienced no warranty faults. In other some customers would be advantaged more than others.

However, I'd expect a gearbox to be covered by goodwill given the circumstances.

But I don't think 2x gearbox failures are likely certainly not on a Mercedes so I do think either something else in your car is an issue and/or the part wasn't fitted correctly.

Do post back with progress re your car

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom