i found this by accident ,, ha ha

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
230te.jpg

this one is Auto = good for my bad foot:cool:;)
Runs too = no rush for a V8 engine transplant

BUT,,,,I wonder what not TOO rusty means:lol::lol::lol:

i really like the cool colour that the old girl is too:cool:...Not Brown either:p

so local that it would almost be rude not to go find out about her:shock::Oops::lol:

every garage needs a project:lol:....although that would probably be re named "the dog house":lol:

maybe i should unplug the internet and seek "Help":Oops:

it certainly is fun though;)

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
at least its rusty.. be more worried if it wasnt :D

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Buy it, I have might have a complete 560sec for breaking. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Strange cars the 123,,, mine had no rust at all, that was a 1985 280TE, yet my friend had one of the last 230TE and that was very rusty, and I am going back to 1988

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Buy it, I have might have a complete 560sec for breaking. :)

:lol:.....cool colour isnt it:D....to be honest i am seriously seriously tempted:lol:...it may even be sold already...think i am going to call 2 moro and find out a bit more...... she would be a pretty amazing "sleeper" with her slightly faded paint but with a amazing Rumble:lol::cool:....

been off the road for a year so i am "guessing" she prob failed her MOT due to some welding needed.......Kats Dad has just brought a welder though:idea:

wonder if Kat would notice if 300 quid went walkies from the plastering fund:shock::lol:( just kidding!) never buying a car without talking about it first...been there and got the T shirt:Oops:

we shall see ;).....one thing is certain though!!...now i have this in my head its only a matter of a bit of time ( and luck) that this happens...its a curse but once i get the dam idea it never goes away:lol: ( its a curse:rolleyes::lol:)

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
If you gave up smoking Paul, 5-6 weeks would have bought that for you......

Stance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004
Just buy it that's all ive got too say :D

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you gave up smoking Paul, 5-6 weeks would have bought that for you......

couldnt think of a better reason to give up!!!!! apart from the obvious better health;)Ive "Cut down" ...but need to man up and just kick the habit now!!

what you think of that colour:cool:....think most of that would polish up really well;)

I wonder how many weeks of no smoking it would take for the engine conversion:lol:

sbryantgb

Reaction score
Website
ironrobot.co.uk
Your Mercedes
1989 230CE, 1995 E320C
The colour is interesting... It looks like an olive green interior, that will be nice:rolleyes:

Last edited:

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
Paul, if you found by accident, then buy it by accident;) accidents do happen:D

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The colour is interesting... It looks like an olive green interior, that will be nice:rolleyes:

its a aquired taste;):lol:...i like things like this...hell i drove round in a clementine orange beetle for 8 years;):lol:

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Paul, if you found by accident, then buy it by accident;) accidents do happen:D

:lol: when you coming down to portsmouth Huey?,...you can tell kat;)..... its all googles fault!:D

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
I'll explain to Kat, you tripped and accidently bought it:shock: then I'll do some plastering for you:cool:

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll explain to Kat, you tripped and accidently bought it:shock: then I'll do some plastering for you:cool:

:lol:,,,,, Kat knows me too well.......Already asked whats that your looking at.... just looking Kat..... reply was thats good we have a house to finish:lol:

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
!) never buying a car without talking about it first...been there and got the T shirt:Oops:

Glad it isn't just me then......

my mate is looking to store his new car....
it was free
it's a spares car
I can sell it for more than I paid.

and so on....

And yep, the 123 is an ace colour. You know you're going to!!

dbanbery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 R129 SL500
good that i'm not the only one.... although i started "looking" at SLs.... then three months later i bought one even though the stipulation was to sell the 3i first and see where i stood after that.

nah.

I'm not entirely popular at the moment.

robparker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
It is a shame you need an estate paul, my "500e" 123 saloon conversion is nearly ready now, been up and running perfectly for 2 years but decided to have the bodywork done, its taken until now for them to get around to it but its almost finished then just need a new mot which should be no probs, then it will be ebayed. (it seemed like a good idea 2 years ago, and it was fun destroying unsuspecting people for a little while, but the 2 years in the bodyshop has taken the edge off!)

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is a shame you need an estate paul, my "500e" 123 saloon conversion is nearly ready now, been up and running perfectly for 2 years but decided to have the bodywork done, its taken until now for them to get around to it but its almost finished then just need a new mot which should be no probs, then it will be ebayed. (it seemed like a good idea 2 years ago, and it was fun destroying unsuspecting people for a little while, but the 2 years in the bodyshop has taken the edge off!)

:shock:...wheres the pics then Rob!!!...PLEASE tell me you did a resto thread on it:D...would be a good read!!:cool:

we have 2 little dogs..( rat dogs) but still my little doggies:cool:... they did go on the back seat on our old golf driver but was just fed up with that so thus estate will always be the better option:lol:

yours sounds interesting to say the least!..but will CERTAINLY be over my budget;)..... im just thinking as i "almost" have a garage again ( after 3 years without:lol:) that it would be good to have a little project in it:D...every garage needs a project;)....no matter how long term:lol:

I would keep hold of your for a while Rob and enjoy it after all your hard work and sell it when the sun comes back out again;)

off to make a call about a old Merc whilst kat is upstairs:shock::lol:

well i called and its already been sold...probably a good thing ha ha ha !!....guy sounded cool, sold it to someone who has 3 or 4 ( maybe 5 now) of them and is going to sort her out ;-).....the search will gently continue........ no rush........and can earn a few brownie points with kat and get one more room finished before the"garage project" is brought he he he ..............

Last edited:

robparker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5KtaApYJnk

My brother made this little video of it a couple of years ago, after the conversion but before bodywork resto started (as you can see it was ok really anyway)
Unfortunately he missed it actually starting as that sounded nice, but you can hear it running and driving!

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
just thinking:shock:....if a 500 or say a 560 engine is fitted into a 123 that used to be say a 230...then hows the poor ole gearbox cope with the extra power going through it?

in the vw world its not been unheard of for a car that used to be a 1200 to have a 2.3 fitted... good for the 1/4 mile but not great at 80 odd:lol:

do they cope ok?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom