Wet whether problem

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Hi all if you remember we had some really bad weather in December the constant rain we had. Anyway I did not use the car for almost a month and when I eventually tried to use it I found a big puddle of water in the drivers side foot well after moping it up and starting the car I left it running as for the heater to try and dry the floor then suddenly the lights started flashing. On looking inside the cock pit found all sorts of issues on the dash SRS failure dash board failure break fluid top up all asking to visit work shop no indicators no heating no locking no interior light basically nothing electrical is working. I had the merc mobile mechanic come to the car and he don several diagnostic Cheks and one of the main faults he came up with was ( ICM instrument cluster with maintenance interval display ) he said that this component had failed and all the other modules are controlled from this devise ????? Is this true ? As I have saw some threads on this forum with the Same problems and they are all pointing to the SAM please can someone advise before I take it to the local stealer

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Removing the carpet seems a good start.
It could still have moisture under there.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
While there is any water around electrics all readings are pointless and meaning less CAN lines carry no current at all

Last edited:
OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Hi television would the moisture affect all the strange goings on within the dash board ??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes it will, you will get meaningless non plausible reading and info, even when connected up to STAR

OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Ok well I guess I best get the carpets out then
Would you recommend putting one of those small hot air blowers inside for a while to dry all the moisture up ???

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Ok well I guess I best get the carpets out then
Would you recommend putting one of those small hot air blowers inside for a while to dry all the moisture up ???

A small dehumidifier would be better.

OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Removing the carpet seems a good start.
It could still have moisture under there.

Good call after removing carpets found there was a lot of water still there so in the process of drying out thanks for the advice :)

OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Hi guys really great full for the information I received from this forum after drying out the carpets and mopping up all the water in the footwell. I replaced everything and the only fault showing is SRS. Hoping its just a case of getting it re set ? But everything else is working fine now so thanks once again for the advise :)

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Excellent news. The srs fault will need resetting. Although connectors are very sensitive to resistance changes. You have just one plug in the panelling on the left hand side. So if it stays on and doesn't reset I would expect a modified plug will do the trick

OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Would I have to get the star diagnostics to re set the SRS ? And where would I fined the plug excuse me asking but where is the paneling ???

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Yes you would, or a good alternative.
The socket is under a little flap, just a little lower than your bonnet release.

OP
A

Avid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2004 1.8
Ok I got ya thanks for the info cleverdicky appreciated

Top Bottom