Remote Starter Installation

keiron99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 W211
Perhaps I'm a wuss, but when I get in my car at 6 in the morning I like it to be warm. I have found my W211 with plastic seats is very slow to warm up the interior compared to other cars, including the heated seats.

I am investigating the idea of getting a remote start (I have seen Clifford kits online), so that I can click the button to start the car whilst still finishing my tea and toast in the morning, then it will be warm when I get in.

Can this be retrofitted, and does anyone know any installers in the Stockport/Manchester area?

(PS Do these gadgets also switch the heated seats on? I can't see how they would given the fact that once the engine has been turned off, you have to manually push the button again to switch them on again once you start the car.)

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I,m willing to be proved wrong but I don,t think remote starting is possible on an MB due to the transponder type keys that are used.
I think you would be better off looking for possibly a coolant pre-heater.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
its also illegal in the uk to leave an uattended car running

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
its also illegal in the uk to leave an unattended car running

Is this also true on your own property?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
cant be certain, but i think so. probably due to some anti pollution law and the increased risk of theft

A

andy@pcd-ltd

There is this company over in the states that do them

http://mercedesremotestart.com/

I know it says you have to use the panic button but i have spoken to them and it can be also used with the normal remotes we have over here

Only thing is they are not cheap

ROBGOSTY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 219 CLS 320
I have an outside power socket & a driveway, I also have a short extension lead, a cheap plug in timer from B&Q and a cheap fan heater from Argus, I also have a lovely warm car every cold morning with no ice scraping in winter :lol:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have an outside power socket & a driveway, I also have a short extension lead, a cheap plug in timer from B&Q and a cheap fan heater from Argus, I also have a lovely warm car every cold morning with no ice scraping in winter :lol:

I am similarly equipped its not perfect but as I have never got around to a coolant heater it will do.
No scraping no demisting and warm.
The car engine would like some similar treatment.

stanmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s63amg
hi there mate this can def be done as a have had my s63amg done about a year to 18 months ago and its brill a company called cartronics did it 4 me look on utube and my car is on there thanks stan

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom