MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good morning fellow members,

Had this lovely E63s AMG in a few weeks ago I forgot to post.

Customer of ours had bought this already running decat downpipes, modified air boxes and tuned. Customer had been having running issues with the vehicle with catalyst related faults bringing on check engine lights and also felt the vehicle was not running its full potential.

So first thing we did was get him down an hour early and got it on the dyno and just hit it with fans to peel a load of heat off as he had been driving for over an hour to us it would have just heat soaked and showed rubbish results.

After running diagnostics tools through the vehicle we did indeed find catalyst efficiency faults so suspected they possibly had not been switched off.

Got everything up to operating temps and started testing. AFR was running a little rich and car was occasionally pulling a little timing but one thing I noticed was throttle was a little meh!!!

Another issue we found was that under WOT (Wide open throttle) the car would not actually rev all the way out so something was holding it back for sure.

Results showed as 546bhp and 999nm so not a very happy car at all!

After correcting everything over the course a couple of hours we ended with 678bhp and 1224nm of torque, customer also noticed a marked improvement in drivability with the throttle being a lot more predictable.

Lambda had indeed not been touched and had no Lambda correction in the tune.

Will be coming back soon as I believe there is still possibly a small physical underlaying issue as power and torque drop off a little faster than I would expect but customer is having a major service and stripping a few bits himself as he had suspected this himself.

Below are plots and shots.

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD

Info@gadtuning.co.uk

www.gadtuning.co.uk

20181210_161518.jpg E63 AMG plots jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom