Pedal tuning box

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
It would seem to be inherent with the blue efficiency cars.

Attachments

• ML hesitation.pdf
    810.7 KB · Views: 6

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
I recall reading that the 7G+ box disconnects the gearbox from the engine when stationary in order to save fuel. When pulling away there may be a slight delay as the gearbox is re-engaged with the engine.
I think your issue may be this rather than the throttle.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
As others have mentioned. The delay you are feeling is from the gearbox, specifically the mapping in the tcu.

Depending on your current software version. An module update may help the situation

OP
Crispian

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
Having a play whilst driving today,when at a junction,I have been using the paddles to select 1st gear for pulling off, seems to eliminate the lag,I'll still go for the software update though.

It's just one of those things that if you notice it,it can't be un noticed :rolleyes:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom