RED TRIANGLE WARNING LIGHT WITH EXCLAMATION MARK?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
Hi Guys, SORRY GUYS I WENT ON THIS SITE AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MK SUPRA CLUB SITE. I had a problem starting the car due to the immobiliser not working. Got the Alarm Engineer out and after 2 hrs he cured the problem. Everything was tested lights, wipers, fan, etc, all ok. BUT a red triangle came up in the centre clock, see photo.
Does anyone know what this could be? as everything is ok. There is a section in the handbook saying it could be a service reminder, if it is i never had this in the 22 yrs i have owned the car, also what could the alarm Engineer have done to cause this?
My local garage guy who is quite experienced said could it be a timing belt change warning as he has experienced this on other Toyota models?
Any advice will be appreciated. Herbie.
44003-2bc2333d878eca59f189d51635a2a7ec.jpg
RED TRIANGE..jpg

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
RTFM?
Must be covered in the manual I would have thought.
Never heard of a cambelt warning light before ..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Me neither. Battery/ alternator charge warning?

As LK- RTFM!!

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
Hi LostKiwi, I did read the manual and it gives you many reasons for the red warning light, but it does not give the alternator so i will try that. I bought the car new in 1996 and 3 yrs back i had a six grand engine conversion to give me 452 BHP at the back wheels on the dyno graph, anyway the conversion guys disconnected the brake fluid reservoir and taped it up, i never bothered about it and i have had no red lights until this week the alarm technician came to sort out a starting problem with the imobiliser and since then the light stays on, everything on the car is working? Herbie. BEST.PIC.1..JPEG..jpg

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
That RS badge on the front, it's not akin to an AMG badge on a non AMG MB is it ?. Thankfully I don't think John will pick up on that :rolleyes::D

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
It sounds like a pyramid flag, VW has a glowplug symbol that does the same thing: Basically if any one of a thousand faults occurs - this is the warning light.....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
That RS badge on the front, it's not akin to an AMG badge on a non AMG MB is it ?. Thankfully I don't think John will pick up on that :rolleyes::D
That’s are badge looks Porsche

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Hi LostKiwi, I did read the manual and it gives you many reasons for the red warning light, but it does not give the alternator so i will try that. I bought the car new in 1996 and 3 yrs back i had a six grand engine conversion to give me 452 BHP at the back wheels on the dyno graph, anyway the conversion guys disconnected the brake fluid reservoir and taped it up, i never bothered about it and i have had no red lights until this week the alarm technician came to sort out a starting problem with the imobiliser and since then the light stays on, everything on the car is working? Herbie. View attachment 49264
How do you get away with those illegally spaced number plates?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
It's IOM?
Nope it's an Northern Ireland mark: iji 8282, like his MB which also has an illegaly spaced NI mark. Just wondering why plod sees some things but not others.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a cottage in Ramsey and unlike now i obtained the plates from a car bar in Douglas, the format is IOM,and the plates are Northern Ireland, you cannot get this in the UK any more, BUT they are quite legal and i have all my MOT's to demonstrate this, many Police have followed me and unlike some people have more important things to do. lol. I like the plates, as well as being different they do avoid minor speeding issues, i hasten to say i do not abuse this and drive very carefully where appropriate. I posted a picture of my sports car thinking you would like it, i did not think i would get the response i did about a badge and a number plate. I thank Rob and David and the other members who gave constructive comments about my electrics problem, the thread should have been posted on the Mk4 Supra Owners Club in the first place. Herbie.

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I have a cottage in Ramsey and unlike now i obtained the plates from a car bar in Douglas, the format is IOM,and the plates are Northern Ireland, you cannot get this in the UK any more, BUT they are quite legal and i have all my MOT's to demonstrate this, many Police have followed me and unlike some people have more important things to do. lol. I like the plates, as well as being different they do avoid minor speeding issues, i hasten to say i do not abuse this and drive very carefully where appropriate. I posted a picture of my sports car thinking you would like it, i did not think i would get the response i did about a badge and a number plate. I thank Rob and David and the other members who gave constructive comments about my electrics problem, the thread should have been posted on the Mk4 Supra Owners Club in the first place. Herbie.
I wouldn’t get hung up on the comments, “banter” is what I’d call it. I’m a big fan of the IOM and stayed in Ramsey many years ago to avoid the tax man (had to start a tax year out of the country and finish it also out of the country) so a week in the IOM it was :)
I’ve been back with work and again really enjoyed it.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
.... I posted a picture of my sports car thinking you would like it, i did not think i would get the response i did about a badge and a number plate. ...

As Blobcat says, nothing intended ..... just curious :)

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, Blobcat & Emilydad, Thanks for your comments i think you are right, it is just that i was a bit surprised at the comments from Nairic who has become a Moderator, he used to help with technical matters etc, bit like Malcolm (television), also when the other members posted they did not know the background to the issue. This club is much better for banter/ insults etc than the MK4 Supra Owners Club, but there again the majority of members are youngsters who get bored by the technical stuff and can start being 'nit picky', an example was I asked how many Supras are in the UK and one reply was 'Go and stand on a M/Way bridge and count them', however you must get this on most sites and the tech info is worth putting up with the jibes and banter. Herbie.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
It wasn't a criticism, but a genuine question. Was I wrong?

If I had my plates in "IOM Format" I'm not sure they'd be disregarded by those who care. They are NI plates and are spaced in such a way as to make them wrong on first reading...especially the Supra one where the i looks like a 1. You say I've become a moderator..yes, about 6-7 years ago. Anyway...why does that matter?

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Hi Guys, SORRY GUYS I WENT ON THIS SITE AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MK SUPRA CLUB SITE. I had a problem starting the car due to the immobiliser not working. Got the Alarm Engineer out and after 2 hrs he cured the problem. Everything was tested lights, wipers, fan, etc, all ok. BUT a red triangle came up in the centre clock, see photo.
Does anyone know what this could be? as everything is ok. There is a section in the handbook saying it could be a service reminder, if it is i never had this in the 22 yrs i have owned the car, also what could the alarm Engineer have done to cause this?
My local garage guy who is quite experienced said could it be a timing belt change warning as he has experienced this on other Toyota models?
Any advice will be appreciated. Herbie.
44003-2bc2333d878eca59f189d51635a2a7ec.jpg
View attachment 49261

iN MY w210 that would tell me that the traction control has been switched off.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Naric, Being a moderator does not matter, it is just that i thought you were obliged to rise above certain levels of banter and mentioning illegalities, i remember you more for helping members, obviously when i posted the picture i was looking for a nicer kind of comment, i know what my number plates are and they have been on the car for 22 years. The rear plate is exactly in accordance with BS 145A, i changed it to this 5 years back as plod use that plate for NPR, and i had been asked to change it 2 or 3 times by the plod.
I was a biker in the IOM for 20 years and bikes did not have a front number plate, this was very useful where the 'sniper vans' are concerned as they hit you at the front of your vehicle from as far as half a mile away, this can be 'entrapment' but hard to prove.
This country is now inundated with this method of booking motorists most of which are only traveling at 34 to 36 MPH, we have a large local hotel which is hired every week by the Police to carry out 'Speed Awareness' courses, 250/week, it is 85 pounds for a 4 hr session and you do not get any points on your driving licence, the hotel owner told me that 75% of the attendees are young women, they were probably on the school run.lol. Herbie.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom