W203 Intercooler Pipe leak?

Dainis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230k / 2004 / 1.8
Hi Guys,
Sorry another mb newbie here.
Got C230 Avantgarde, and lately spotted an oil / antifreeze leak from an intercooler pipe (might be wrong, but googling the pipe number, gave me an intercooler pipe) .

The leak appears to be from the area in the picture below. When cleaning it looks like oil, but mixed with something as it's not as thick as oil. Possible antifreeze
2939e7t.jpg

Top plastic pipe number А2710901437. Any ideas what could be leaking, before I replace the entire hose? Is it service part? I tried to unscrew the top clamp and pull the pipe off but without luck, don't want to break it yet.

For now cleaned it on friday and no leaks so far, after ~150miles, but to be save I put this post here.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You won't get antifreeze from an intercooler pipe. The coolant system has nothing to do with the intercooler.

OP
D

Dainis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230k / 2004 / 1.8
You won't get antifreeze from an intercooler pipe. The coolant system has nothing to do with the intercooler.
Hello, Do you know if W203 intercooler is air or water based?

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Hi Guys,
Sorry another mb newbie here.
Got C230 Avantgarde, and lately spotted an oil / antifreeze leak from an intercooler pipe (might be wrong, but googling the pipe number, gave me an intercooler pipe) .

The leak appears to be from the area in the picture below. When cleaning it looks like oil, but mixed with something as it's not as thick as oil. Possible antifreeze
2939e7t.jpg

Top plastic pipe number А2710901437. Any ideas what could be leaking, before I replace the entire hose? Is it service part? I tried to unscrew the top clamp and pull the pipe off but without luck, don't want to break it yet.

For now cleaned it on friday and no leaks so far, after ~150miles, but to be save I put this post here.
Not unusual to have a bit of oil in the inlet system. If it's just a weep then just clean it up and check the rubber connector hasn't perished and the hose clips are tight. I've a C180K the same age and had the same thing a few years ago, took most of the inlet apart and cleaned it before being told it's normal.
After all it's a 15 year old car.

OP
D

Dainis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230k / 2004 / 1.8
Not unusual to have a bit of oil in the inlet system. If it's just a weep then just clean it up and check the rubber connector hasn't perished and the hose clips are tight. I've a C180K the same age and had the same thing a few years ago, took most of the inlet apart and cleaned it before being told it's normal.
After all it's a 15 year old car.

So far everything it is dry after the clean. Maybe Ive not paid enough attention and just saw all of 15 years oil there I think 180 are identical to 230.

So for now I will hold fire from replacing anything, and rather look into the AC. Summer is here

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hello, Do you know if W203 intercooler is air or water based?
As Rob said air.
The only vehicles with water based intercooling (charge oilers) are certain AMG and Brabus models. When I say AMG I'm also only referring to the pukka fire breathing ones not the AMG marketing specials that are just a standard car with a body kit.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom