September 2019 delivery

Julez

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2019
Good Afternoon

I ordered brand new Merc c200 AMG line for Spetmeber 2019. 69 plate.
Do you generally get it on time and close to the 1st as possible? How long your build delivery time taken ?
How do you find audio 20?
Thanks

Jules

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome, Jules, and nice motor your getting. :D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Jules and welcome to the forum and the world of Mercedes. It could be any time in September as it all depends on when the car is built. Once you know the build slot allocated, delivery to your dealer will be about three weeks after that. So, if it gets a July or early August build slot, then 1st September may be fine. If it is not built until early September, then you may be lucky to get it by the end of the month.

On the other side (another Mercedes forum) there are quite a lot of reports of deliveries being delayed by several months so don't get your hopes up until you have a definite build date. Your Sales Exec will be able to tell from their system so keep pestering them for info. Just bear in mind that (1) now they have your order, your SE may well be too busy chasing this month's sales to return your calls and (2) the SE will often tell you what you want to hear. You know they say you can tell when Politicians are lying because their lips are moving, well some SEs work on the same principle. That may be a slightly jaundiced view I admit, but be careful and keep chasing if you want an answer.

Once the build slot is allocated, the whole process is then booked in probably right down to which ship your car will come on from Germany. So keep chasing for details of the build slot and then you should have a more definite idea. You can certainly be sure that any wait will be worth it because you have ordered a lovely car :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

It can get delayed unfortunately depending upon many factors. My W213 ended up being 4 months probably due to being a new model

OP
Julez

Julez

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2019
Hi Jules and welcome to the forum and the world of Mercedes. It could be any time in September as it all depends on when the car is built. Once you know the build slot allocated, delivery to your dealer will be about three weeks after that. So, if it gets a July or early August build slot, then 1st September may be fine. If it is not built until early September, then you may be lucky to get it by the end of the month.

On the other side (another Mercedes forum) there are quite a lot of reports of deliveries being delayed by several months so don't get your hopes up until you have a definite build date. Your Sales Exec will be able to tell from their system so keep pestering them for info. Just bear in mind that (1) now they have your order, your SE may well be too busy chasing this month's sales to return your calls and (2) the SE will often tell you what you want to hear. You know they say you can tell when Politicians are lying because their lips are moving, well some SEs work on the same principle. That may be a slightly jaundiced view I admit, but be careful and keep chasing if you want an answer.

Once the build slot is allocated, the whole process is then booked in probably right down to which ship your car will come on from Germany. So keep chasing for details of the build slot and then you should have a more definite idea. You can certainly be sure that any wait will be worth it because you have ordered a lovely car :)

Thank you very much. I have ordered through a lease company so not sure if it works in the same way.
Also I haven't ordered extras, just c200 AMG line which is the entry level really in brilliant blue.Would you think that'll make much difference?
Would the lease company know this information on build dates ?
Thank you

OP
Julez

Julez

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2019
Hello and welcome

It can get delayed unfortunately depending upon many factors. My W213 ended up being 4 months probably due to being a new model

Hiya

I really hope not lol..altho c200 are 2016 onwards so shouldn't have that same problem. So sorry to hear about your wait..I find the wait horrendous. I currently have Audi a4 s line and only order3d it in August 2017 and it came end of October which was my fault as didn't know the time these things took tbh.
My friends husband is in the carctrade and used to work for Merc he has said I've left descent amount of time to get it early September. Then I saw posts about delays last year so this is now bothering me. Plus I am totally impatient...
Did you have many extras? What month did you order yours?

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
welcome to the forum!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thank you very much. I have ordered through a lease company so not sure if it works in the same way.
Also I haven't ordered extras, just c200 AMG line which is the entry level really in brilliant blue.Would you think that'll make much difference?
Would the lease company know this information on build dates ?
Thank you
Yes, the lease company should be able to get those details and not having extras may help as these are sometimes the cause of delays. Fingers crossed!

OP
Julez

Julez

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2019
Yes, the lease company should be able to get those details and not having extras may help as these are sometimes the cause of delays. Fingers crossed!

Everything crossed..has to time with current car going back. Also don't think it's right to pay good monthly rate for car that comes later!
It's the cabriolet as well, I forgot to mention. Now sure if that changes much

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Everything crossed..has to time with current car going back. Also don't think it's right to pay good monthly rate for car that comes later!
It's the cabriolet as well, I forgot to mention. Now sure if that changes much

If it arrives earlier will you pay more monthly to take account of that? :geek::rolleyes::D

Your current lease car can be extended to meet the new car delivery.

Take a chill pill and enjoy it when it arrives, its only a car after all, on a lease, you'll never own, and will change for the latest brightest thing in a couple of years. :eek::rolleyes::cool::D

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Hi Jules and congratulations on the new motor.

I don't want to seem the pessimist here but don't hold your breath waiting for a September 1st delivery. My new one (still not saying what it is ;)) was ordered mid May for a July build slot with delivery in August. I've since been informed that it could now be a September delivery, hopefully early but no guarantees, so have resigned myself to a longer than anticipated wait. This will be inconvenient as I've agreed a sale on my current car for the end of July, so will now be Mercedes-less throughout August and possibly a good bit of September as well.

i wasn't bothered about the new registration plate as I always put my own on it anyway so the only bit of difference it will make is on resale which, hopefully, won't be happening for a good long time yet.

Good luck with your car, and I hope you get it as promised. Incidentally, it may actually help with it being a cab, there are less of them so hopefully a dedicated slot on the line.

Top Bottom