The inappropriate badging thread

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
OK so here's a reeal curved ball.

I have an E350 CDi coupe which is properly badged E350 on the LH side and CDi on the RH side. So, the new E350 coupe is badged as a 350d on the L/H side with nothing on the RH side. Am I transgressing some "forum law" if I debadge and then put an E350d badge on the LH side and nothing on the RH side? Plays with your head doesn't it :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OK so here's a reeal curved ball.

I have an E350 CDi coupe which is properly badged E350 on the LH side and CDi on the RH side. So, the new E350 coupe is badged as a 350d on the L/H side with nothing on the RH side. Am I transgressing some "forum law" if I debadge and then put an E350d badge on the LH side and nothing on the RH side? Plays with your head doesn't it :)
Or.......take the badges off altogether?

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
It’s the only way. Debadge.

You know it makes sense...

Yes, but it could be the start of a slippery slope. If I de-badge I might start thinking of de-chromeing, lowering, putting bigger wheels on changing the interior lighting...........................hang on, this is starting to sound very familiar :)

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Yes, but it could be the start of a slippery slope. If I de-badge I might start thinking of de-chromeing, lowering, putting bigger wheels on changing the interior lighting...........................hang on, this is starting to sound very familiar :)
Yep, that's me :) and bl00dy great it looks to. :p:D

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Didn't take it as a dig, but it is something that I would like to have done, just too lazy to do it myself. Might see what the local body shop would charge.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Didn't take it as a dig, but it is something that I would like to have done, just too lazy to do it myself. Might see what the local body shop would charge.

Takes 10 mins with a hairdryer and some floss, a detailer will also be able to do it

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
View attachment 50896 In front of me in the car wash queue this morning. At least he had the decency to remove the 350CDI badge!

Shame he didn't have a good eye for keeping it level :rolleyes::D If that is one of those cheap ebay ones they look dreadful in a tacky sort of way anyway, even if you do manage to get them level !! :eek:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom